Mchenry, Illinois
1.8K views

One of my Menard's rebate checks ended up used at a Menard's in another state, obviously not by me! I contacted the rebate center, Rebate International and was told they would respond in 7 to 10 days. 2 weeks later I had to contact them again and here was the response.

The information for merchandise credit check #6066687099 was past on to the retailer, Menards, for verification of use prior to reissue. The retailer informs me this merchandise credit check was taken as payment on 08/24/11 at the Portage , IN Menards store. This Menard's Merchandise Credit Check has no remaining value and will not be reissued.

The Post Office is responsible for delivering the mail. This Menard's Merchandise Credit

Check was addressed to: My home address . If you have reason to believe your postal delivery is being mishandled, you should be directing your concerns to the US Postmaster in your area.

Based on all findings we must, therefore, respectfully decline your request for further rebate monies due.

Thank you.

Alyssa Smith

rebates International

www.rebateinternational.com

Identity fraud and they wash their hands of it and pass the buck. This will not end here. I have already responded. How do we know it was actually mailed and one of their employee's isn't stealing?

I'll let you know how it ends.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Comments

Passed, not past.

Past means yesterday. Passed is a verb, showing action.

Went to use my Merchandise Credit check at Menards in Glendale Heights IL. They told me that it had already been used in Rochester NY so they would not honnor it even though I have the original copy.

They told me to email Rebates International to get resolution. Emailed them today and hope they can sort things out.

Thank you Hopetohelp. That could be the issue however as you see from Alyssa's email she is not helping or offering any possible explanation other than the it must be the post office!

The rebate center printed hundreds of rebates with unscannable barcodes once at the registers so the cashiers had to hand type them in if they didn't work. If by accident they entered in the wrong numbers for someone else and used your rebate numbers instead that could explain the problem. This has happened to several rebates with the rebate barcode not being able to scan through, I can't even count in my head how many of them.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so I would request a copy of the rebate information that the other person claimed. You could then show that you purchased the product with a credit card and there is no reason they should have a receipt. It's also possible that the person entering the data typed receipt number incorrectly on the the other persons. Again I would request a copy of the rebate that they submitted.

When I receive a response from my lasted communication I will post.

Also I was in my local Menard's today and explained my situation to someone at the service desk and she said if I bring a copy of the communication I received from Alyssa that they can give it to the General Manager and they may resolve it or give me the credit. So you might want to try that too.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing a resolution for both of us.

When I receive a response from my lasted communication I will post.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing a resolution for both of us.

Recently a HUGE batch of rebates that they've sent out to people are not scanning properly at the registers, forcing the cashiers to HAND TYPE each rebates barcode numbers into their computer and then have their supervisors swipe their badges for each one that doesn't work. If a cashier accidentally entered a wrong number for someone elses barcode resulting in it matching YOURS and not noticing the mistake entered that could be a reason for your problem. I can't even tell you how many of these *** rebates come through in a day that do not scan through all because of some sort of glitch between the scanner and the barcode printed on each rebate, but it's a lot of them.

SAME DEAL here with me! I recieved this from Alyssa Smith at Rebates International today 9-19-2011 What the heck!

The transaction information on the receipt copy you provided for rebate #5936 32” Sceptre LCD TV was submitted by an individual. We only process original rebate receipts and the full quantities purchased were paid out. I am unclear as to how this individual could get your original receipts; however, based on these findings we must decline your request for further rebate monies due. Should you happen to find another receipt showing the same program numbers, please forward a copy to our department and we will do our best to pay you what you are due.

Thank you.