Great Bend, Kansas
4K views

I purchases a Yardsport YS-200 XLT on 6-14-2013 in Hastings, NE. Since that time it has either not ran or has been in the repair shop which is over hundred miles from my home.

The parking brake cable broke within two after I got home, then the next thing that happened was the start interlock wouldn't let me start it. You could mess with it and sometimes it would start and sometimes wouldn't. I think for the money you pay for this item you should be able to return it for a full refund. I am totally dissatisfied with this product.

Iam just asking you to consider my request. Thank you for your time

Comments

#1019006

I pretty well had the same problem two times. The first time I replaced all the electrical harness, but think if I would have worked through the sections probably won't have done the whole thing.

Second time it was the brake sensor. But agree with you that it is a pile of junk.

My yardsport will not start replaced battery and every fuse. What is wrong withthis thing.

Bad investment..Do not know what to do?? The people at the factory I talk with sound like they have never sat in one. I have over 200.00 dollars in this machine and is not a year old. New battery relay switch igition switch starter relay CDI BOX.

I DONT KNOW FOR SURE BUT I THINK I GOT .... on this deal.

@Anonymous

I have the same problem. Push the brake down hard then turn the key and it will start.

There is a brake switch at the end of your master cylinder.

If u ohm it out, you will notice that the pettal needs to be pushed all the way down before you complete the start circuit. Now question is, is it the master cylinder, brake switch or brakes just need to be bled so pettal goes down far enough to complete circuit.

James Timmons
@Anonymous

I’m having issues as well. Mine has zero power.

No lights no clicking solenoid nothing. I have 12 volts to the first starter solenoid post but nothing to starter. I bought mine secondhand and get this- I bought a second one to try and reverse engineer my electrical issues with the first one. ROFL yep I’m a dumb@$$.

Anyway, my belief is the culprit is a fuse I can’t find or a safety interlock switch I can’t find. The only fuse I’ve located is the small red wire right off the battery going with the big red wire to the starter relay. You mentioned you replaced every fuse. Can you please identify all the fuses and where I can find them?

I replaced ignition switch , ignition coil, spark plug, and starter solenoid. What and where is the Battery relay switch? Is that the starter solenoid/relay between the battery and starter? What safety interlock switches are there and where are they?

I thought the brake switch was to light up the brake lights. I did remove the wires from the brake switch to clean the contacts. Does it matter if I may have reconnected the wires to the brake switch backwards? Don’t think I did but I’m looking for anything at this point.

I will try your suggestion regarding pressing down hard and bleeding brakes. Also, is there any safety interlock connected to the parking brake or is the parking brake in any way involved in the starting system?

I know this is an old post but I have nowhere else to turn. I’ve written and spoke to American Sportworks and they were less than helpful.

James Timmons
@Anonymous

I’m having issues as well. Mine has zero power.

These should not be illegal, as they are junkers that should be re-cycled as fast as they come off the boat from China! They never run correctly, they do not shift correctly, the cables are neither lubed nor positioned correctly, the cables are often routed incorrectly, the cables break when either of the previous occurs, the exhaust pipes fall off after about 50 hours of use, and if running a hot engine the back wash of sudden cold air will warp your exhaust valves.

They do not start correctly after about 45 days. Constantly hassle with the extremely inferior starter relays. Is it actually possible to make something of lower quality and call it a 'product'? When you complain, all you hear is; "No one else is having any problems, do you know what you're talking about?" Yet you go on line and EVERYONE is having problems with these junk piles.

Of course Menards spent big $$$ getting odumbo elected, so don't expect any help from the government protecting consumers on this junk pile! A major Class Action lawsuit is what is needed with a couple billion dollars in damages.

"Service Centers"???? Don't believe them for a second....they do not exist within 60 miles of any Menards store, and this is only a sideline for them as they are ordinary repair shops who do NOT want to work on these.

@Norge

You're an ***. John Menard is approximately as conservative as Rush Limbaugh. If you think he's spent 1 penny on Obama then I have some beach front property in North Dakota to sell you.

@notsayin

If you have beach front property on Devil's Lake I would like some.

Americansportworks.com is the website but the manufacturer is American sport works that where you can find the parts

Menards is not going to consider your request this is the policy on all gas powered equipment that is not hand held. As far as buying Yardsport IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK!

The ones we have at the store are always breaking down with barely any use, you should have done your research before making this purchase. Everyone we've sold at my store as well has gone to a repair shop.

@Heartless

Done our research??? When you are one of the first customers to buy the YS in the state the only research you have is what the store tells you! Menards is filled with LIARS!