Bradley, Illinois
20.6K views

I purchased a chest freezer on 3/2/13. On 5/4/13 I discovered the freezer was not working and I had lost all the foods that were in it.

Later I learned that there was no freon in the unit. I was refunded for the freezer but I want to be reimbursed for my lost food. I was told by Menard's that unfornately there was nothing they do about my food.

I was not able to speak with a manager when I entered the store. I only had the freezer 2 months and I think it only fair that my food is replaced by this reputable establishment.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Manager.

Comments

Also purchased a criterion 4.4 cf MD#ccr44ceiw fridge never received rebate or missing book?? Scam second time rebate center is rude and no help Shop Home depot or Lowes from now on rebate is switchbate

@Anonymous

Bet you are throwing the post cards the rebates come on away thinking they are junk mail.

@Anonymous

That would be easy to do. I have never had any problems getting rebates for years.. but I watch for them and make sure I print clearly

Because I bought the Criterion in 12/2016, and even though the unit was replaced with a Midea, the warranty goes back to 12/16 when I got the Criterion not back to when I got the Midea, thus I have no warranty even though the Midea is less than a year old! I felt I got screwed. Stay away from no name brand appliances, Criterion and Midea are exactly that, no name brand generic Chinese made junk. It appears that no one can make a good appliance anymore, My top of the line Samsung frig has freezing issues which is wide spread so much that there is now a class action lawsuit against Samsung.

I suggest to anyone wanting to buy any sort of appliance is to buy the extended warranty for the max amount of time.Criterion and Midea refrigerators are horrible even worse then Samsung! I bought a Criterion frig from Menards for one my apartments and about 6 months later it stopped working, so Criterion warranty department replaced it with a Midea because they weren't going to make the Criterion anymore, fine except it lasted only about 9 months. Because I bought the Criterion in 12/2016, and even though the unit was replaced with a Midea, the warranty goes back to 12/16 when I got the Criterion not back to when I got the Midea, thus I have no warranty even though the Midea is less than a year old! I felt I got screwed.

It appears that no one can make a good appliance anymore, My top of the line Samsung frig has freezing issues which is wide spread so much that there is now a class action lawsuit against Samsung. I suggest to anyone wanting to buy any sort of appliance is to buy the extended warranty for the max amount of time.

@fred rose

Thanks

First off your problem lies within brand choice. Criterion is COMPLETE DOG *** Put lightly.

They bought a criterion mic. At work to heat frosting and its buzzing loudly a few months later.2.

Sears kenmore is simply rebadged lg and the likeId call menards corporate or find out what company makes the criterion freezers and give them a hollar. Menards can and should replace your food.

@Geoff

Sears Kenmore used to be made mainly by Whirlpool. No they send out specs for appliances they want built and will take bids from any manufacturer and have them built by whoever submits the lowest bid. You never know who made it.

Do not go to these "Big box" stores and expect great appliances or service from them.They sell CHEAP models and always of China origin.These stores have destroyed Sears and many other great old American companies that sold more expensive MADE IN AMERICA appliances and backed them up in a manner you now only wish you could get!Caveat Emptor! (buyer beware)

Just bought one. Stay tuned

So how did you keep the food cold for 2 months without any coolant? Something not right there eh?

You might try checking with your home owner's or renter's insurance and see if they will cover the lost food.

DEDUCTABLE

@Anonymous

Deductibles are usually at $250.00 or above!

Several years ago, my daughter and her husband spent over $1,000 on a new brushed stainless refridgerator/freezer. They NEVER got the $100 rebate they were due, even though they contacted Menards' headquarters multiple times.

I DETEST Menards' rebate system. It's very dishonest.

@Kipp

We never have problems with the Menards Rebate System. Can't recall ever not getting the rebate from them.

@Roger Dodger

If you "can't recall ever not getting the rebate", does that mean you possibly have Alzheimer's? I myself recall several times not receiving their "store use only" rebates. *** on them!

@Nancy Drew

Damn Nancy Drew, its inconceivable that anyone wound have an experience other than your own, isn't it?

@Jim jones

TROLL

@Kipp

You can track you rebates at rebateinternational.com

If there were no freon in the unit, it never would have froze stuff in the first place.