Washington, District Of Columbia

My husband and I went to Menards in Quincy,Il.on Nov.

24th. We have done a lot of shopping there since they opened this year. We got to the check outs and were told that there is no more military discount. They said it was discrimination.

I guess the only ones complaining were the ones that didn't serve their country.Put your life on the line then you would also get the dicount.We will be shopping at Lowe's again. We told them about no discount and they couldn't beleive it.

I hope whoever decdied to do away with the discount doesn't need the help on the military or any other man or women who puts their life on the line everyday for us.Memards you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!!!!My husband says you are cheap *** in his book!!!!!!!

Review #209664 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Middleburg Heights, Ohio, United States #714577

I have been a volunteer firefighter for over 30 years now.I cannot tell how many family functions, gatherings, holidays I have missed or been extremely late to due to fighting a house fire, pulling injured people out of destroyed cars, or done CPR for 45 minutes to an hour only to tell a family I am sorry about your loss.

No one owes me anything for doing any of this. My family support me 100%.

Much in the way families of service men and women support their kin.Thank you for your service, but don't expect anything handed to you these days.

amberjohns24
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #605025

meganmills, your a piece of garbage who obviously has never served this country, and your *** and retarded, no one would want to give a lazy *** like you any discount and im surprized you even have a job you piece of trash

MeganMills

Stop biatching you cheap biastards.You got payed when you were in the army didn't you?

So shut the f up.no one gives me a discount for showing up to work.

amberjohns24
to MeganMills Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #605028

you wouldnt last one minute in boot camp you sorry, no good lazy in bred, your post was in 2011, i bet you dont even have a job anymore you worthless drag on the economy, how dare you say anything negative about anyone who has served this country. menards should give military people a discount just like they do the employees

Jim

I think some are missing the point.Some Menards stores offer military discount and some don't.

For example Lima Ohio does and Tipp City Doesn't. When I asked they said that it is discrimation to give military a discount and not others. Oh, they do offer an employee discount.

Is that discrimation?I don't discount that police and fire put their life on the line but last time I checked they weren't being deployed for up to 18 months at a time away from their families.

fdsgfdg

Currently menards DOES OFF THE DISCOUNT...

TO ACTIVE DUTY!!!! YOU MUST SHOW ID!

Charly's Grandma

WOW! Because of our military, Menards is able to discontinue the discount AND you are able to voice your opinion in this forum.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!

Thankful

I too was disappointed that Menards dropped the military a discount.However, this is a business decision alone.

I am ashamed that some feel they are "owed" a discount.The military discount has saved me nearly $2,000 over the past few years and I appreciate Menards for it.

Big D

If you want a discount bad enough then find a way--I have been both military and contractor.Menards is a company trying to make it happen--Grow up or take up cage fighting.

In other words get in the fight or get run over..

ps-if you don't get resolution at the store then try a corporate contact--or even better write them.Nuff said

auto tech

what the ####?I'm a auto tech and I buy tools all the time should Sears give me a discount.

Yeal right!:cry