Conesville, Ohio

I went to return a 10ft.chain ext. for a electric garage door opener. The store refused to take this because it had been opened.

I told them that this was the only way to find out it was wrong.

They said that since it was open it was hard for them to know if it was all there. I said that it was the wrong type bar in the package and that it would not fit my set up that I had at home; the whole thing was wrong.

This item cost me $68.42. This is alot to just take home and toss to the side; when in turn it is not my fault that the manufacturer just put in the wrong product. I shouldn't have to be penalized for this error.

Jim Chappell

3257 n. Woziak rd.

Michigan City, In 46360

219-879-3171

Comments

dude you should shop home depot ive never had a problem returning items there .i hane a menards next to my house and ill drive 10 miles to get to home depot.

Menards customers rank slightly behind Walmart shoppers when it comes to buying and returning merchandise. I've never seen so many idiots come into a store to bring back a kicked-in door, a broken window, or a used f'ing grill. You want service? Demand more intelligence from your fellow consumer. It's tough to offer good service when store personnel are constantly being called to attend to petty problems that could have been solved by the shopper simply using common sense, or (gasp) reading the back of the receipt! What an absolutely novel concept, huh?

Do your research. KEEP YOUR SALES SLIP. Menards is a do-it-yourself home improvement store. Not a hold-your-hand-and-wipe-your-*** store.

I've see multiple post my you..

You must work for Menards -- You always

run in here and defend them.

If you run your store like you run your mouth -- you'll be broke by the end of the year. We have a new store coming to the area, If I get this additude at this store. I'll have NO problem going across the street to Lowes or Home Depot.

quit whacking off to yourselves and give the guy a break

Do your research.

KEEP YOUR SALES SLIP.

I bet you're the same type of consumer that won't buy an opened box or one that has been taped shut, but you have no problem buying something that you have no idea if its going to be compatible with your garage door operator. If you don't know if its going to work with what you have at home, than you're better off being philanthropic and taking that $68 bucks over to the bank, converting it to singles and helping to defray the staggering cost of college education by buying a few lap dances at the local nudie bar.C'mon, you expect me to believe the only way to find out this wouldn't work is to buy it, take it home, scratch your head and go duhhh.

I'm sure you opener has a name plate with the vendor and model number and probably a phone number as well.

Here's a novel idea- call the manufacturer for the part number of what you need. You are a doofus.

I've seen people return some pretty beat up merchandise, with 2-3 year old reciepts. Keep your reciept and at the very least try to even exchange it.

And if you bought it and opened it in the parking lot and try returning it right away, it won't work because processing takes about 45-an hour. Try a different Menards too.

First of all, did you have your receipt??If not, shame on you! If so, this should NOT have been a problem, and I would ask to speak to the store manager!