I Tried to return a product that stopped working. I had the receipt, and was within the date on the receipt, but they tried to tell me they could only give me in store credit.

if I used my bank card, why can I only get an in store credit? My quick no hassle return took over a half hour and I got nowhere with the manager. I ended up taking a replacement for the piece of junk and they will never get my business again.

We have a Lowe's and a Home Depot and several Ace Hardware stores that will make their customers happy, and they don't insist on in store credit if you return something. I guess I will settle for better quality products and service by going to the competitors!

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Credit Card.

Menards Cons: Poor customer service, Refund policy, Response of local management.

Comments

There is more to the story than is being told here. Was this a case where most of the purchase was paid for with a store credit and the balance with a credit card?