Algonquin, Illinois

Last year I purchased a $800 snow blower one month before the first snow. When the first snow hit every time I went to move snow it died out and had no power.

When I went back to the store In Crystal Lake Ill. the assistant manager refused to exchange it and told me I had to take in some place else to have it repaired. I tried to contact the home office via phone to resolve the issue and they hide behind voice jail and e-mail so no luck. So now I am stuck with a $800 boat anchor that is useless.

The way they treat people is appalling, I cancelled my credit card with them and will never buy from them again. They don't care any way.

Comments

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about and are not telling the entire story. You can't return gas powered equipment to the store.

What is a store going to do with something that has had gas and oil in it???Hmmm I wonder!!!

Home depot and Lowes have the exact same policy so so don't try to give me that load of bs. Next time make sure you know what your talking about before you go spouting off on online websites.

#122057

No one know what you did or did not do to that snowblower once you get it home ITS NOT THE PRODUCT THAT IS FLAWED ITS THE OPERATROR and they carry a WARRANTY for a reason its man mad it will fail NOT MENARDS FALT IT JUST A FACT

Umm guys this unit should have had oil in it!!!! How else did Menards run the unit before selling it? All MTD and Murray units come shipped with oil already filled!

You are stuck with a boat anchor if you are too lazy to take it to a service center to get fixed. I work at menards and disagree with the no return policy on gas items and would like for it to go back to the 15 day or 30 day exchange.

So I have sympathy for people that buy a snowblower or lawn mower and it doesnt run that same day but if you wait a month to try it then that is your bad. I also get tired of people commenting that people didnt add oil to an $800 snowblower when those come with oil in them, so please stop it.

"The only way you are stuck with an $800 boat anchor is if you didn't follow the directions and put oil in it. If there is a true problem it will be repaired under the manufactures warranty. If you runined the motor by running it without oil YOU deserve to be stuck with a boat anchor, not Menards"

How the *** do you know what happen??

He didn,t say anything about running it out of oil.

Seem like every complaint on here as some *** defending Menards?? Store manages hard at work it looks like.

The only way you are stuck with an $800 boat anchor is if you didn't follow the directions and put oil in it. If there is a true problem it will be repaired under the manufactures warranty. If you runined the motor by running it without oil YOU deserve to be stuck with a boat anchor, not Menards.

If you own a car and something doesn't work,the dealership doesn't give you a new car, you take it in to get repaired. Why should it be different at Menards?