Menards Truck Rental Scam
On Sept. 21st, 2013 @ 4pm I rented a truck from Menards to pick up siding that I had special ordered. I went to the store to pick it up and I also purchased more wood. I had several Menard's employees help me load the rental truck, I said I could load it, but they insisted, so be it. In total I had 5 Menards employees load up the truck and climb over it. In total...
- 1 Menards employee helped load the truck with me in front of the store
- 2 Menards employee helped load the siding in the truck in the back of the store at dock 9. Your employee was helping pull the staples out of the siding on that side that she claims the scratch was upon using a tin snip. He was
pulling the staples out of the cedar siding and I told him to stop, I'd do it when I got home.
- 1 Menards security guard in the rear of the store in the lumber yard was on the side of the truck that had the scratch checking the contents of the truck bed. Before I left the lumber yard he pulled 1 board from the
back because the special order had 1 too many boards in the order. I was ok with that because I only wanted to take what I purchased.
- 1 Menards employee helped me unload the truck after I returned it with lumber I hadn't used and wanted to return.
- The lady who processed the truck return was not the same one who had initially rented the truck from me.
- I had a friend with me who help me unload the truck at home from the rear.
- I told the front desk manager I had several Menards employees help me load/unload wood on to the truck during the afternoon. I saw them and one of your asst managers was with me (Marlina) and did hear him state, yes, several employees did help me load/unload wood on the truck. At this point the front desk manager Tania Villamil processed my truck return and was talking with her front desk Ast mgr (Marlina???). When I approached, they talked briefly in Spanish in front of me, which I couldn't follow. Since I don't speak Spanish, I don't know what they said, but from my take, Marlina's answers were short and pointed. After this short conversation it was at this point Tania informed me the truck had 1 scratch on the trucks rear drivers side and that I must of caused it.
After trying to reason with her, she was admament I caused the scratch, even though she was not the one who initially rented the truck out to me. I had loaded/unloaded the truck from the back and asked to see the scratch. Tania sent Marlina the asst mgr out with a camera to photograph it along with me. When Maria went to photograph the scratch, she had trouble even seeing it herself and it took a minute or two for her to locate it on the rear driver side quarter panel above the truck tire. The scratch can only be seen if you are literally an inch or two away from it, its that faint.
At this point I know a scam when I see one and this is just another attempt by Menards to create a new revenue stream for them. Since I entered the truck through the rear to unload, , and at least 2 of Menards employees were in
the vicinity of where the mark was, I did not sign the return agreement, agreeing that I had caused the mark. After trying to talk to the store manager and resolving the dispute, 3 days later they filed a claim against my insurance. At this point I will now have to file a small claims case against them to recoup my money.
At this point I'm wondering if any other people have had similar issues with Menards and would like to join in a class action lawsuit against them?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asst Gm
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "If you are reading this report and you have used Yaya Maria of OrishaAshe.com, then you already know you didn’t see any results. You lost a lot of money and..."
- "Good Morning, I just had the unpleasant experience of visiting your Morton Grove IL store location. I was purchasing an air conditioning unit which was CLEARLY marked at the price..."
- "I signed up my company FASTAXI with Cartvertising in Sept 2014 for 20% of the back facing ads and 100% of the front facing on 400 carts. I made..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."