Chicago, Illinois

On November 6th i was watching NBC at 11 pm and apparently Menards is now catering to spanish speaking only customers. Newsflash put that *** on Telemundo.

I will not EVER shop at Menards again. Why is Menards putting 3 spanish speaking only commercials on all English speaking television within the course of an hour??This is America and our official language is English.

Quit catering to illegals Menards!Im taking my money to Lowes!

Oh and your website is ***. I would have ranted about this on your website but it sucks and there is no where to complain.

Comments

America does not have an official language, that's why there are American broadcasted news stations in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and many more languages. Also, people in European countries don't get pissed about the English commercials they constantly get...so why should you care about Spanish commercial... One last note, the Spanish speaking demographic is worth $11.5 trillion dollars in sales, that is the size of our nations debt...

You don't understand, no-one does. When a woman makes the choice to marry, to have children; in one way her life begins but in another way it stops.

You build a life of details. You become a mother, a wife and you stop and stay steady so that your children can move. And when they leave they take your life of details with them.

And then you're expected move again only you don't remember what moves you because no-one has asked in so long. Not even yourself.

what a raciest thing to say you are mad because they have Spanish commercials where do you live California.

I spent many years in the military with most of my service overseas. While I did try to learn the local languages non-conversational terms were a challange (ie.

math, building materials, etc.)So it was always a pleasure to speak with someone who spoke english. Also, most of the rest of the world is bilingual unfortunatly that is not the case in the USA.

regarding retailer4life's comment: Mexicans...its hispanics, not everyone is mexican thank you very much..and to everyone..business is business, just like any other company...there trying to make a profit(Money is money), so more power to them to cater to whoever it or what or who maybe!

I see Menards commercial every day. I have never seen a spanish one.

They may have them. I work at Menards and I would like to tell that I'm sorry that we advertise to Hispanic community.

I will inform John Menard myself and we will no logner serve the Hispanic people. I hope that we have solved your problem you racist ***.

If the Mexicans don't want to learn English, why don't they go back down there? Isn't it funny that we are expected to assimilate EVERY other culture in the world and yet NOT ONE of these other nationalities are expected to assimilate ours when they come here, take our jobs, our money, drive our wages down, etc.

You dont seem very "jolly" to me, just a racist.

justice1982

With the exception of a challenge due to the language barrier, I would much rather help a hispanic person instead of a white guy. Most hispanics actually know exactly what they need and they pay in cash!

actually, to correct a logical misnomer within your rant, there is no "official" language of america. look it up.

and since when has spanish become synonymous with "illegal alien"?

are you a racist? xenophobe? you are an embarrassment, and we at menards would much appreciate it if you took your business elsewhere.

we do not like to cater to your kind. either learn some compassion and acceptance, or get out!