Arlington Heights, Illinois

I Purchased winshield washer fluid in September 2008. When i put the washer fluid in my car, it frooze all my hoses.

i had to pay $70 to get my car repaired. The MUNDELEIN ILLINOIS STORE MANAGER COULD CARE LESS. He said it was my problem. They should not be selling summer fluid in september.

I AM NOW AN EX MENARDS CUSTOMER..

tHEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON- Cathy drinkwine tried to blame the problem on the company that they bought the merchandise ffrom.

POOR SUPERCLEAN BRANDS.

Menards should have put as warning on the washer fluid telling customers that it will freeze their system if it gets cold. Who ever heard of winshield washer anti-free that freezes???.

Comments

Happened to me too. It's a junk product.

Cheap *** like a lot of what Menards sells (like their lumber though) get the more expensive Napa or Ace version. And it will be fine.

I agree with some of the other posters. It is your responsibility to make sure you are puting the correct fluid in your vehicle. There is the summer and winter version(read the label!) You obviously used the summer version.

OK, heres how to tell if your washer cleaner is real:

1. Pour some into a glass

2. Take a big swig

If you don't end up in the ER, its water.

OK, heres how to tell if your washer cleaner is real:

1. Pour some into a glass

2. Take a big swig

If you don't end up in the ER, its water.

Sir, you are an ***. Had you taken the time to read the label you might have noticed the difference between the summer fluid and the winter one.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not our job to hold your hand throughout your who shopping experience. Unfortunately I hold many hands a day for people like you. Perhaps there was a red clearance sign for said fluid and you just couldn't help yourself.

Honestly I don't know why I'm wasting responding to this because you clearly don't deserve one. However, as unlikely as it may be, you might actually learn something from this experience.

Everything freezes if it gets cold enough. Basic Physics.

read the label.

Take care of your car. Let it go.

Read the container ***, there is a difference. Winter washer fluid usually costs more than summer fluid. It says right on the label.

I am amazed at how some people can always blame their ignorance on others. Your failure to read the container is not Menards fault.

There are windshield wash fluids that contain no antifreeze, others that are good to 20 below and others that are good to 35 below.

It is your responsibility to be sure you read the lable and use the proper product for the temprature you will be driving in. Don't blame others for your laziness.

not a big fan of old Johhny menard myself, but at least if you are going to post comments, learn how to spell you heathen......If you dont spell correctly, you are no better then the jokers he has selling you the junk.....

it was liquified cotton candy. trust me, i was there.

I heard of that problem once, back in 2002. Legend has it, that it happened in one of our Chicagoland markets.

Thought it was an isolated incident.

Clearly there is a traitor amongst us causing theses issues. He/she will be dealt with swiftly & severly.