Cedar Falls, Iowa
1.5K views

Update by user Aug 06, 2012

Still have got nothing back from menards, not even an email or letter

Original review posted by user Jul 06, 2012

2 years ago I built a 9,000 sq ft office building and the customer wanted me to order all the material from menards. I didnt want to order the trusses from them because they have a parent company in Eau Clair Wis called midwest manufacturing.

They screwed up my truss order and I had to move walls, cut into trusses and reframe. When I talked to my rep from menards he told me to do the work and bill it out on a blue sheet he gave me. midwest even sent the engineering to me to do this so they knew they built them wrong. When I billed them out time and material for $5,300.00, now that year I spent over $100,000 with menards, they wrote me a letter and said it wasnt their fault and wouldnt pay me.

After much deliberation I dropped the amount to $5,000.00 and took them to small claims and lost on a technicality because somewhere in they paperwork that I never saw it says they dont repair trusses they replace them. Go figure after they told me to fix them.

I now buy at Lowes good service and as cheap if not cheaper than menards. screw u john menard dont let me catch u at the local pub.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Comments

#1220650

How is this possible at the CF Menards when they didn't open until 2013?

#1191672

THAT IS TERRIBLE! NOT a good business practice for them at all!

you should have gotten something in writing bro

Menards is as lowlife as you can get and your post is exactly how they mess with people. John Menard and his kid are cheats and no good. Menard and his type are but a cancer to society and should be boycotted.

GOOD GOD MAN! YOU CANNOT DEFEND A COMPANY LIKE THIS! HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?

Thank you for your previous business. You will be back :)

you dont have my biz anymore

Thank you for your business.