Columbus, Ohio

When you go to use that rebate "check" make sure you break your purchases up into separate orders to pay. I learned this the hard way when i bought several items using my rebate and debit card for payment.

I had to return 1 item and even though the amount t I paid with my debit card was more than the refund would have been by $7 they wouldn't issue the credit back to my debit card. Their "policy" which is NOT on their receipt is that if you use split tenders to pay and one of those is a rebate check then they automatically issue the refund as an in store credit no matter what!! It's just their way of forcing you to spend more money there!! No other store that I have shopped at pulls this ***!!

So after I use that in store credit they will NEVER see another dime of my money!! Bad customer service!! I called and talked to the manager and he said it was their policy. I asked for a phone number for corporate so I could call and complain .

The number he gave is just a recording!! You can't talk to a human!!!

Menard's cares nothing for it's customers!! It will only be Lowes for me from now on!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Comments

bobs2015

Menard's likes to have their 11% rebate deals often, knowing full well it is a money-maker for them. I only shop there when I see something actually on sale, with no rebates.

They have a nice store, but are none too swift when it comes to having enough lanes open for checkout. But, yes their rebates are nothing but a scam.

@bobs2015

Getting free stuff is a scam? That's weird.