Fort Worth, Texas

I purchased paint last year and was to get a $7.00 a gallon rebate. The Webster dictionary has the definition for rebate is money back.

All I got is a store credit for $70 and I don't need anything. I consider their rebate as baiting me to lock my money into merchandise. I believe Menards would lose a court case for calling it a rebate. I still have a postcard saying I have store credit.

They stole my money by misrepresenting a rebate.

They actually re-baited me to have to come back. I would sign a petition to sue them if it was being done!

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Menards Cons: Rebate.

• Rebate

Comments

It appears that you must be somewhat literate as you were able to post here. Why is it you couldn't read the ads, signs and the rebate form that all said the rebate is in the form of a merchandise credit? You have nothing to complain about other than your inability to read what's in front of you.

It clearly states in their sales ads, in rebate sale signs and on the form you sent in for the rebate that it is in a form of a store credit. They didn't mislead you in any way.

I'm sure you can spend $70 at Menard's. They have food.

You do eat food don't you? They have toilet paper, paper towels you use those don't you?