Reston, Virginia
1.2K views

I must tell you that I am a former huge Menards shopper as I am a house flipper...(Go Michigan Tech!) I moved to Florida and they only have Home Depot and Lowes what you people fail to understand is MENARDS is WAY BETTER!!!! Try shopping at the other two chains and you will see that the employees are much better along with bigger selection and lower prices.

That makes me feel good...I sure miss Menards! I hope they decide to build in Melbourne Florida very soon!

P.S. The best Psychic in the country is at Psychicscopes dot com well thats all I want to say today!

Wm Fouts

Comments

Menards is one of the worst hardware stores in the business. They never do anything they say they will do.

Order something special and as long as you pay first they will not call when it comes in. Waited 30 days and kept calling they said you dont need to call they will call when the order comes in. THEY DIDNT!!!!! I call again talked to a manager and was on hold for 20 min.

Then they said the order was in. I asked when it came in it was 2 weeks ago.

They are a bunch of kids with poor Managers. I am done with them!!!!!!

Did you perhaps, fail the drug test?? Just wondering. If not, why didn't you contact the GM and ask again.

@Dear Brian Seaver

why don't you SHUTUP kk

i will never move down there , no menards? what's that

I like it cause the manager touches my privates.

yeh menards sucks, i don't shop there anymore, the employees are idiots

Why don't they accept American Express?

To: Proud Menards Employee:

Obviously you are a ***! First of all, Menards is NOT the largest privately held company in the U.S. If you feel you are correct, just check the Forbes website...***! It's not even in the Top 10. You shouldn't post UNTRUE statements and then claim you are so incredibly intelligent...***!

Also, I'd be interested in knowing exactly what position you hold at Menards, because you are obviously out of touch with the employees, or "team members" as we are so loosely called. When was the last time you actually WORKED? Moved a pallet or unloaded a truck? Stocked a shelf? Built a plan-o-gram? I'm just guessing that you are in management and are completely out-of-touch with your "team members."

Lastly, I sincerely hope your rude and unprofessional attitude doesn't carry over to your customers (guests). However, it has been my experience that grouchy-*** individuals are grouchy to everyone. I feel sad for those around you...those who have to work with you or those who try to get help from you. It would benefit you to work on your attitude....***!!

i just got hired here and was so excited now im kinda scared ill have to watch my back

AFTER BORROWING A FRIENDS PICK UP TRUCK I SPENT OVER A HOUR SATURDAY IN MENARDS WHILE THEY WERE LOOKING FOR MY VINYL CORNER PS AND J-CHANNEL SPECIAL ORDER. NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

THE PROBLEM IS VERY SIMPLE FROM THE YARD MAN TO THE STORE MANAGER. WE CAN'T FIND IT, YOU CAN JUST REORDER. AND WAIT ANOTHER 2 WEEK. NOT ONE APOLOGY.

THE HOUSE IS HALF FINISHED AND THE SNOW FLOW SUNDAY. THE STORE MANAGER WAS SOMEWHAT FRIENDLY BUT USELESS. MENARDS SUCK.

I WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT IS A VENDOR OF MENARDS. THESE PEOPLE ARE RUTHLESS TO DEAL WITH WHEN THEY ARE THE CUSTOMER.

I've developed a proprietary chemical compound which may come in handy. I call it Formula K.

I thought I was going to be hired by Menards. I was seeking a mgt position.

The HR guy interviewed me and ask for my original college transcripts. He then did a second interview with me and the head store manager. Then we did a drug test. Naturally I thought I was in then and I waited and waited.

After about a week I called and asked about my status. He said the general manage makes those decisions.

WHAT!!! Ive never been to a place where they give you a drug test and didnt hire you.

Paul Menard Sucks.... he can't drive.

You get what you give. Don't expect to have a good job and hours handed to you.

It goes like this - if you're productive and sell (your job), you get hours. If not, you go home.

Why would I waste payroll dollars on someone who isn't making money? Not a very good business model, is it?

In my opinion Menards is a terrible place to work. My husband entered the manager in training program shortly after receiving his Bachelors degree.

He spent years relocating to further his career with the company.(By the way, Menards does not offer a relocation package) Menards requires their managers to sign yearly contracts. Their contracts for assistant and store managers require that they work 55 hours per week. Anything after 40 hours is time and a half, but considering they cap off managers pay at 14 bucks per hour...it sucks. They also deduct $ from managers paycheck if they don't make payroll for the week...not leagal and we are pursing legal action.

Back to required hours, the contract is required to be signed otherwise John Menard finds a way to harrass the employee or fire him. Menards contracts also include a clause that states the employees that leave Menards cannot work for their competitor for a specific amount of time otherwise they are subject to a $10,000.00 fine to Menards. I could go on with the list of contract demands because it is packed with garbage. Luckily, Menards is based in Wisconsin and the Wisonsic Supreme Court has never ruled in favor of the employer in such cases.

I plan to send a Menards contract to all news stations, radio stations and newpaper companies. Oh, and for those of you that will mention that Menards managers will receive weekly and yearly bonuses...don't count on the weekly. Menards will more than likely deduct from your paycheck instead of give you the extra 40-90 bucks. The yearly bonuses..ha, they will changed their dispursment determination at any point to give one the lowest possible amount.

Trust me.

Better yet, ask store managers at Lowes or Home Depot. Odds are, they worked for Menards and left for better pay and benefits.

your attitude and ignorance deter us from staying with menards.

@dear mcdocs

"your attitude and ignorance" is a lot different than an opinion.

I THINK MENARDS HAS GOOD PRICES THERE SERVICE IN DAVENPORT IOWA IS AWFULL. BEEN TO IA CITY AND CEDAR RAPIDS AND IT IS GREAT

I worked at Meneards in 1990 Oakdale MN for BILL OLSON Manager of plumbing Dept. It was the worst job.

They sent me home early often and I could not pay my bills. The straw that did it was the Manager BILL OLSON I worked for said I had a complait from a person. I wanted to see it in writing. They did not show it to me.

They made it up the whole thing since they could prove nothing to me. So then they wanted to make me loose a half of week of work that I could have worked. I said No Way show me the complaint. They did not.

I told them I quit. I was happy I did. The week before that the gave me a raise. 10 cents.

They suck and I have other places to shop now in MN. Thank God

FYI people..... Menards is a completely unethical company.

My husband worked for Menards for years. After 4 years with the company, he was moved to the corporate office with the promise that while there would be a little traveling involved, it would not be major. After that, I never saw him for the year he stayed in that position. He even missed the SCHEDULED birth of our child because he was required to go to another store to interview people for an GSM postion for a store that wasn't scheduled to open for another 4 months.

Those same men that he interviewed were then subjected to age discrimination, and this was the ONLY reason they did not get to move up because they were 27 and 28, despite having bachelor's degrees and several years of experience in their positions as 1st assistant GMs. He was literally told by his supervisor to give them whatever excuse he wanted to, but even though the were qualified, they were too young to have any kind of power. As long as those two guys never knew the real reason they couldn't be promoted, my husband was to tell them whatever would placate them.

After 10 months, his department downsized and let him go despite the fact that in the 5 years he worked for them, he up-rooted his family 5 times as well to move to a different store for his new assignment. In my opinion *** Menards and shop Home Depot!!!