Martin, Ohio
3.9K views

looking for contractors who were told they must buy a masterlift from menards or they would never deliver for menards. we delivered for 9 months and were continually shorted on delivery reimbursement.

finally had enough and cancelled. finally collected for deliveries and the deposit for gps through small claims after they delayed and blew off mediation for a whole year.

now i am unable to sell a nice masterlift delivery truck for 60% of what i paid. i recognized when i bought it that it was a specialty truck but i was assured that if something happened they [menards] would post it-- we are always opening new stores--there is always going to be a market for these trucks.

Comments

If anyone is looking for a Menards delivery truck with a Masterlift I have a 2002 International 9100i with a Cummins 10.8 L avauilable. Located in Northern Indiana in the South Bend area.Feel free to contact me at 574.202.2367Thanks, Jeff

@Jeff

do you still have the truck

I have been very blessed delivering for Menards. They line up the work, all I have to do is show up and make the deliveries.

I have a 2009 International with Master lift if anyone is need of a truck. Price negotiable. 218-280-3830

@Jon

Looking for that truck. Where does the price negotiation start

@Jon

218 766 8186. I am interested

Just a heads up the Nlrb filed charges against Menards for misclassifying us as independent contractors and not as employees. If you have any questions feel free to contact me (507)202-4396

One of the major components of IRS Tax law's definition of an indep contractor is the issue of "control". Basically an indep contractor must be in control of his/her time, own tools, keep own books, have own payroll seprate etc from main contractor.

Where it gets tricky is in delivering the service/product in a timely fashion.

Sub needs to meet the general time contraints but final use of time and control is with the sub. If time constraints are in the contract, sub must try and meet but ultimately IRS does not want to see too much control or consider sub an employee.

Companies tend to like contract agreements because less hassle and cost. Employees undependable many times, abuse equipment, on cell phone, waste time-basically stealing, etc...

I have been an employee, employer-contractor...I know. @ edge sword.

Insurance companies, cab companies such as in Kansas City,

building materials companies like contractor arrangements mainly because of high operating costs, FICA, insurance, equipment abuse, theft, poor employees and increased government regs that go beyond necessity-high costs.

Industries such as life insurance, cab companies, building materials etc tend to excercise much control very close to treating contractors-subs as employees. There has not been much challenge by IRS via congress and lobbyists for these industries. Essentially everybody wants their cake and eat it, too. Customers demanding at lowest price-too much HG TV, Companies sick of poor employees and high costs plus theft, and employees/subs sick of demanding customers and unreasonable companies/poor contracts.

It's one thing to bring back jobs to america but its another for americans to learn to be responsible, reasonable and willing to pay for USA goods/services. Problem is even union boys seek the lowest bid for their homes-price! With their nagging wife standing behind them acting selfish to get that house fixed as cheap as possible-wanting their cake and eat it too...Wake up america and learn how to be a good customer, a good employer and or a good employee/sub. Make America Great-Depends on more than just President Trump!

We have to compete better in a global economy and also pay the 20 trillion debt in the process or your SS Check, pension, miliatry retirment will not be there when you need it most. WE ARE SOME DUMB partly because the 4th arm of the govt-the mass media is biased and DUMB!

We need more honesty and objectivity much less a better work ethic! Mark Davidson, Kansas City...Wake Up America!

Yes, I have a daily working truck with masterlift in IL that I am selling. Don't spend $50K for a truck from Menards. I'm retiring and selling mine for $11,500.

#1193850

Do you still have your truck for sale? Please call me at 8102802642

#1205727
@Anonymous

I was gonna sign on with menards can i do a contract with u to pay u 1000 a month I'm almost homeless i don't have a choice I'm honest and as soon as i pay u finding something else

@Anonymous

How do I reach you anonymous for possible purchase?

@Anonymous

You still have your truck

@Rex

Here's my number 618-741-2024

@Anonymous

Do you still have that truck?

If you still have your truck , call me at 248 910 3098

Interested in ur truck if still have it,pls call 324-319-4059

I have been very satisfied delivering for Menards. There is always work and the check is there every week.

I'm also home with my family everynight. Can't say that about other jobs.

I ran into the same problems and also am stuck with a truck. If anyone is interested, please let me know. It is a great truck for the job.

Ron 262-894-2606

Yes I ann looking for a semi with a master lift 5000 on it. If any one has one for sale please call me 3135503719