Arlington Heights, Illinois

I purchased a bird bath at Menards. A few days later it went on sale.

I took my receipt in to get the difference. They gave me the difference but in a store credit which I didn't want. Why should I have to spend my money where I don't want to. I was so mad, I packed up the fountain and took it back and then took back the $200.00 worth of flowers and planting supplies I had just bought the day before.

I will never step foot in Menards again.

It's Home Depot for me from now on. They have the best policies and their staff is way more knowledgeable than Menard's.

Comments

And this is why you shouldn't shop while having an explosive case of retardation.

Know whats even better than that. Menards only gives store credit to employees for bonuses and for their competition winnings.

AhAhAhA, self entitlement! The American way. Get over your self.

I doubt you returning your merchandise will hurt a multi billion dollar company.. hope you feel better..

go to Wal Mart... Home Depot...

Lowes... and you will be worse off..

The store is NOT required to give you a price adjustment, it is a courtesy that Menards offers.If you don't like it than you can shop at HD or Lowes and pay higher prices! Quit whinnin!!!!

Just return the item as if you don't want it, and go to a different line to re-buy it at the sale price. It's an extra step, but it's the same idea.

Why are you upset? Stores are not required to give you anything back after you make the purchase. Be happy that they were willing to give you a store credit for the difference in price.