Saint Louis, Missouri

I have personally worked for Menards and it has to be one of the WORST places of employment. The General Manager Andrew Chostner is a JOKE, they claim to be a family but all I ever see is the employees getting screwed over.

They fight everyone for un employment too. They act like they like you to your face but once you turn around talk *** behind your back, even about the guests.

They even created a "5 minute bathroom rule" do if you use the bathroom for more than five minutes you may be written up and even terminated. Every person who comes to apply I want to tell them to run.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Manager.

Comments

Be happy you have a job you whiney brats..thank god everyday for money to pay your bills an food an housing..job is what you make it

Wow, MOREMENARDSMORONSSPEAK, you sure told them. *eye roll* And it's not polite to "yell". Jeez, what did these strangers do to you?

OH AND pooks IF YOU WERE A REAL MANAGER AND NOT A PUPPETT MANAGER WITH NO REALWORLD MANAGEMENT TRAINING, JUST MENERDS WAY OF MANAGEMENT(DUMP SOMEONE WITH NO EXPERIANCE IN A DEPT. AND SAY "YOUR THE MANAGER") YOU WOULD KNOW THAT WIS.

STATE LAW STATES THAT THERE IS TO BE AT LEAST EIGHT (8) HOURS BETWEEN PUNCHING OUT AND PUNCHING BACK IN THE NEXT WORKDAY.THAT DOESNT MEAN THE WAY THE SCHEDULE IS WROTE BUT BY THE REAL TIME PUNCHES(I.E.PUNCH OUT AT 10:30PM FRI.

NITE BECAUSE THE MANAGER MAKES YOU STAY TO PUT UP SALE PUNCH BACK IN AT 6AM TO OPEN.7.5 HOURS,BROKEN STATE LABOR LAW. MENARDS VIOLATED THIS ALL THE TIME AT THE STORES I CAME FROM.

AS NORMAL THE FEW WHO THINK THEY ARE THE NORM SPEAK TO THE ONES THAT GET SCREWED WHO ARE THE NORM.ALL WHO DEFEND ARE EITHER GO'S OR *** KISSERS THAT WILL FIND OUT IN THE END.HAVE FUN IN YOUR LITTLE LUMBER WORLD OR IS IT WALMARTLUMBERWORLD,YES THATS WHAT THE GUESTS SAY!OH AND THE "NUMBER" TO CALL GETS THE CALLER FIRED AS THEY MADE WAVES IN john's LITTLE WORLD.GOOD LUCK YOU ***

Oh, and if you can't handle the close one night then open the next morning, you're a ***. It's called being a "responsible adult" get used to it.

I work at Menards and my store is wonderful, I'm sorry you got such a *** store. Move to a different store you might be surprised.

There are some things I hate about my store but my overall experience has been great. I started as a part timer and worked my way up to a manager of the electrical department and I love it.

owww, such language

I love menards best company I have worked for. I moved to Arkansas and had to leave menards in illinois which upset me very much and I'm in hope that they will soon have a menards in Arkansas.

My coworkers felt like family and as for the customers we did everything would could for them to stay happy.

Even those that disliked the place is not due to the company being bad ,because it's not a bad company, it is just hard for anyone to make an unhappy person back to perfectly happy. I know there are other stores like lowes which I currently work for and it's not even close to a menards I believe that menards will over rule because they are truly dedicated to serving the guest.

There is no 5 minute rule for taking a ***... you just go and get paid for it. I made over $500 pooping last year

I,ve been with menardes for 10 years, who cares if you have to close then open oh well i do that all the time and have a 65 min drive to work. and no you cant work 8 hours with out taking a break,

and what labor laws every one under 18 cant work on the sales floor, and if you have a medical issue they dont force you to do somthing you cant, but if thats the case you have a number you can call to report them, but you would only know that iif you have worked for menards

I would also like to add I highly doubt Anonymous knows who the other Anonymous is when one is from St Louis, Mo and the other is from Livingston, New Jersey.

I won't disagree Menards is pretty bad for caring about their employees. However, anonymous I doubt he has worked for Menards.

It's Menards policy that every employee must take a 30-minute break for a 8-hour shift if you take 29 minutes or less you will be written UP.

They also give you 1 paid 10 minute break per shift. There is no Menards store out there not letting people take breaks they would be getting it hard from the corporate office.

Ooohh yeaahh!

Menards has no respect for its customers or employees what so ever! Ive worked at 2 different locations and theyre all the same they have too much power and get away with too much B.S!

They are always in violation of multiple labor laws etc. Theyll let you work an 8hr shift without one break and on top of that theyll make you close and open the next day. This has happened to me multiple times and no complaints are taken seriously or pursued.

I would NEVER work there again and would NEVER refer anyone to them!

p.s. i know who you are ; ) ^^^