O Fallon, Illinois
3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

O'Fallon, Missouri

On July 24 at 7:30 am, I made an online purchase of 3 shelving units to be picked up in the store. The next day I went into the store to inquire about the status of my order. The cashier and another worker informed me that the items were not available and they were waiting for a truck to come in with the items. I told them I would just get a refund. They sent me to customer service for the refund. Well, the customer service rep. seemed puzzled. She informs that the computer says that there are 34 shelving units in stock. Yes, 34! This is the second time that I have had issues with the online store pick up process. If you are going to have this service, please hire workers that want to do their job. The staff that was on duty at 10:45 am on Monday, July 25, 2016 were lazy and liars. At least, the customer service rep. was courteous, helpful, and willing to work.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Menards Pros: Customer service representative.

Menards Cons: On-line store pick up staff service.

Comments

#1206649

I used to work at Menards and I hate that feature. It said on the instructions to go to the back of the store in the receiving area to pick up your stuff.

Half the time the people would just grab it off the shelf.

Now that messes up inventory because the walk out with the item while their items are still back in receiving.

#1201195

Inventory isn't always correct in the real world. In any case, if it was as little a problem as it appears for you to just go down there instead of, you know, waiting for confirmation or calling ahead, I really don't see where your inconvenience lies. Just take your refund and get your judgemental *** out.

You don't say if you left with the shelving units. Either the cashier or the service desk looked up the wrong shelving units.

If they had been in stock you should have received an e-mail letting you know they were ready for pick up. If you hadn't received the e-mail confirmation, why didn't you just call the store and see what the status was?