Chicago, Illinois

I ordered an item from the Menards online website on 3/02/11. It is now 3/07/11 and I'm trying to find out what the status is of my order.

I look online and they have an estimated delivery date of 3/14/11. Just about any company that I have ordered from in the United States can deliver any item not on "back order" within 5 business days. When I tried to look up a customer service number, there is only one for thier credit card. I sent two emails to the company trying to get some information, but no one has ever replied back.

I called the credit card customer service and they suggested I call the local store. I called the local store and all the manager could tell me is that it has an estimated delivery date of 3/14/11. My complaint is this: Why doesn't Menards have an online customer service number? What are they hiding from?

What happens if I want to cancel my order or there is something wrong with it? And why does it take so long to get items from the company?I mean I ordered an item online from China that took less time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Delivery Service.

Comments

I too, have been unsuccessful in getting hold of someone regarding a fraudulent purchase made with my credit card.

Worse online store ever ! Order month ago still waiting, and they cancel, one of the item, because it was out of stock............

the reason it takes so long is that it take up to 14 days on any special order merchandise from menards. we dont manufacture the items and have to work with our vendors to have it shipped or in the case of a custom order built.

basically menards is at the mercy of our vendors when it comes to special orders. also our website is a bit behind technology wise, it is getting a revamp spring 2011 or so. also menards costumer service is the store itself, we can answer your questions and if necessary cancel you special order at any menards location, but be aware that you may be subject to a 25% restocking fee!

read everything carefully when you order as lead times, restocking fees, ect. are all there

Maybe you expected them to fax it to you. Patience is a virtue, you apparently have neither.

very easily put Menards is the Middle man. Things take a while to place order, have the vendor process the order,ship the order then receive the order.

Menards really does not know when it will be arriving. All you can do is show some patiences. If your orderis incorrect or damaged send it back. If you want to cancel it, call in and tell them so.

Are you really this ***? It's not rocket science.

I know what you're going through. Couple years back, a kid came to me much the same way you're coming to me now, saying the same thing that you're saying.

Sad to say, you're right. Menards doesn't pride itself on customer service.