Eden Prairie, Minnesota

First paneI had ordered a garage door that took over 3-months to install at the cause of Manufacture as well as damage from the supplier (Menards).

First panel was manufactured wrong so waited ~1 month for delivery of a new panel replacement.

2nd panel was damaged (looked like a forklift drove through it.

3rd panel finally arrived (3-months later).

The offered me a very small discount but not nearly enough to cover the costs of bringing out a contractor 3-different occasions. The manufacture was more than helpful unfortunately they could not do much since it was supplied through Menards. The complaints made it to corporate and I never heard from them again.

I turned down the small discount as it was an embarrassment as well as a slap in the face to me. I am in process of transition to the other major home improvement store (1-block) away and so far I am very happy with their products and services.

l was manufactored wrong so waited ~1 month for delivery of a new panel replacement.

2nd panel was damaged (looked like a forklift drove through it.

3rd panel finally arrived (3-months later).

The offered me a very small discount but not nearly enough to cover the costs of bringing out a contractor 3-different occassions. The manufacture was more than helpful unfortunately they could not do much since it was supplied through Menards. The complaints made it to corporate and I never heard from them again.

I turned down the small discount as it was an embarrasment as well as a slap in the face to me. I am in process of transition to the other major home improvement store (1-block) away and so far I am very happy with their services.

• Face

Comments

Interesting the manufacture would blame Menards. All the information I've ever been giving indicates the manufacture would rather deal with you than you deal with Menards.

Want to know why? The manufacture made the product and owns 100% of the warranty on it the item. All Menards does is sell the item.. We've had manufactures walk away from Menards for making to many returns and not having the consumer contact the manufacture..

It's better for several reasons to talk to the manufacture; they made the product, the know more about the product, and they are the ones who covers the warranty work....

You return a item to Menards defective it's reimbursed by the manufacture... This is clearly a manufacture issue and not a Menards issue.

einstonium
@Heartless

Actually both parties were at fault. My first door that came in had a panel that was stamped wrong (~1month delivery). The attachment bolts would not line up with steal side supports. Returned it back to Menards and they inspected and agreed that it was manufacture problem.

Second door that came in (~3-4 weeks) had a pair of forklift stabs poking right through the middle of it. Went back to Menards and they claimed it was their fault and apologized and told me they would get another door on order as soon as possible.

In the mean time I had contacted the manufacture (Clopay manufactures Ideal doors) to get an estimate on the delivery and in turn opened up service case with them. They were not aware of any of the problems including the manufacture problem. Clopay had agreed to contact Menards in support of finding what the real problem is. I respect this. If I manufacture something wrong I would try to improve on the problem at hand. However, Menards did not flinch; there was no contact in support of this between any parties.

The 3rd door finally arrived and this time I went to the store to complain and the only thing they would offer me was a $100 credit on the door even though I have already forked out over $500 to an installer for attempting to install the door 3 different times. I placed a significant investment on a product and there was no support on this or for me. I simply asked for a credit worth half of what I had paid for the attempted installer. Instead of putting blame on themselves they brush this incident under the rug.

My last email I had with both parties included the same break down I am providing here (more details provided of course) basically mentioned that I will no longer support Menards. And that was the last of it. I had no sorry. I had no we were wrong. I had no let me get to the bottom of this...I had absolutely “no” response from Clopay, from Menards, or Corporate Menards or anyone!!!! At which all parties were on the same email. My feeling to the incident is they were holding the door open for me because they don’t want to deal with me.

I’m sure if one of the parties were to read this message that they will know for sure who is writing this as this incident is difficult to replicate.