Reston, Virginia

Last week I was at a menards store with my grandson in need of supplies for a project we were working on fixing up the house. As I was looking for assistance I asked several employees walking by for help but they stated they were from other departments and walked away like I was nothing.

I was informed there was only one man within the department I needed based on only his name on the tv screen. A few minutes later the man appeard out of no where. I asked why the store was understaffed and he said it was the managers decision to reduce staffing dispite the size of the store. I then asked what happend him being missing.

He proudly stated he had to " take a *** " with my 7 year old grandson next to me. I firmly stated " i beg your pardon sir" and he says what did you need assistance with. I told him I no longer desired his help and will go elsewhere. I then asked another employee to speak to the store manager and was escorted to the building materials area and speak to the "general manager" I explained what happend and he gave a blank stare as if his hearing aid was turned off and didnt understand me.

I am withholding the store location, department location, and employee name at this time due to futher attempted contact reguarding the situation. there is no need for offensive language, announce you had a bowel movement, or a manager who chooses ignore a customer concern

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Manager.

Comments

"Take a *** is Menards employee language for customer service.

Hahahhaha well at least he said what was on his mind. That way when he makes odd faces you need not to ask why! Hahaha.

I had the same experience not at Menards but at Sam's Club. After waiting in line at checkout for 20 minutes it was my turn to check out.

All I heard while checking out was "I gotta *** I gotta *** I gotta *** over and over again. Thats all I heard the entire time, no greeting of any kind except "I gotta ***

I work at a Menards, sounds likes this guy could of been a stocker like me. Were in their breaking our backs to putting stuff on shelves for little pay 6 days a week at the crack of dawn and your going to tell us we need leadership from above and to watch our language?

Must be easy to have a cushy job and be able to judge everyone else :/.

Want more leadership, more people in the store working, and better manners? Pay them more then :grin

@Unknown.

Get a job somewhere else where you don't have to come in contact with decent people. I don't make much money either or have a cushy job but I'm able to treat others with respect. The attitude here is why Menards is such a lousy place to shop!

Check out the Heartless from Green Bay response. He is an example why Menard's sucks.

John Menard should be proud of what his co. has become.

A little leadership from the top would be nice. Set an example and demand a better attitude from employees or be fired.

I agree. I only go to Menard's because they are a lot closer to where I live.

Home Depot is my 1st choice for quality and sevice. Menard's even treats their employees like s..t,so it shows.

gee what would he of said if he had diarea :cry

:roll :eek :grin ;) 8) :p :sigh :x :( :cry :? :cry :cry :( :sigh :sigh 8) 8) ;) :grin :roll :cry :eek :zzz

To c'mon: Lighten up? :( Nice language for children to be around, oh but wait for it, the old "Well they hear worse on TV every day" excuse. That language may be appropriate when hanging out with the guys, but not kids.

To duh, the only thing *** id your comment.

haha thats awesome.....I'm proud of this guy! But he's right, Menards doesn't staff their store worth anything.

If you want cheap prices, Menards does a good job at that.

If you want service, go to Lowe's/Depot. Ever notice that they have double the staff there to help you at Lowe's/Depot?

I work for the company as a morning stocker. Now, where as that guy was tactless with his comment, it is true that people don't know anything about different departments. I am an employee in the hardware department. I know NOTHING about the other departments and I'm lucky if I know much else except the aisle that things are in.

When I get a customer asking where "this" product is, I get that glazed look too. It is a huge store. There are a lot of products, and they give us zero training. My first day I clocked in and was expected to know what I was doing.

I do try to help customers as best I can, but when I can't, I try to find you help with a more experienced person.

Do yourself a favor. If you are coming in first thing in the morning, the employees you see are either managers or morning stock. Morning stock don't know anything! We just put the *** on the shelves. We don't know details about the products. We aren't intended for that.

Try finding people with radios, ear pieces, or the ones hanging out behind the desks. Theyre the ones who know stuff.

You need to relax. More then likely the guy you spoke to was a manger or a full time team member.

They work between 50 and 60 hours a week dealing with very ungrateful people similar to you.

You're entitled to nothing. I guess you never have to take a ***

@Heartless

50 to 60 hours a week is not so unusual. I work more than that AND I am able to treat others with respect.

"You're entitled to nothing" is the obvious mentality of Menards employees.

whipaturd
#462007

Obviously,the first two comments are from MENTARDS employees..............

#461920

You asked !

Don't like the truth? Don't ask stu pid questions.

c'mon... that's pretty funny. lighten up.