Lansing, Michigan
9.5K views
2.6
Layout of Store

I was not told about a delivery charge until I had completed the sale. Then they asked whether I wanted the old dryer hauled away.

I said "No," just to the garage. I was not told there would be an additional charge. When the delivery guy showed up he said their would be an additional charge but he didn't know how much. I, a 74 1/2 year old man, had to single-handedly move the old dryer to the garage.

I was livid. I called the store in West Lansing, Michigan, and talked to Andrew, who claimed to be the store manager. He said they can take it away but not move it within the house. Another five feet from the garage to the truck if he had taken it back.

I was more than livid. I was shaking, both from the exertion and from the feeling that I had not received all the facts when I bought the new dryer. I told "Andrew" that my son and I both spend a lot of money at Menards; would he refund me the delivery charge to keep me as a customer. He said, "No." The driver (no assistant) had already hooked up the new dryer while I was on the phone.

I went around the corner to the laundry room and told him I was cancelling the order. He packed it up and left. How *** of Menards to lose a long-time customer because a sales person was either untrained, too distracted because of understaffing, or just didn't care enough to tell me about ALL Charges.

So long Menards. Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy and ABC Warehouse also sell dryers, not to mention small local dealers.

Reason of review: Combo of delivery & poor customer service..

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Menards told me in the morning my price for delivery way $59. When I called in the evening the price was $79.

When I asked what happened they said “don’t know” but that is the price. Strange!!!!!

You would not have had this issue with Lowe's they would match any sale price that Menards has with free delivery and they would have moved your dryer to the garage for free also.

Nobody starts a sale by talking about delivery. They determine what you want and once you make a choice the subject of if you want to take the appliance with you (more people take them than have them delivered) or have it delivered.

If you want it delivered that is when the discussion of the delivery charge comes up. The delivery company you contracted with pays their driver to deliver and set up the appliance and haul the old one away if applicable, not move the old one around the house. Every store you shop at has different policies, they don't change just because you want them to.

For every person like you that doesn't like the way Menards does something there is another that doesn't like what Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy or another store does it. Just look at the posts about their stores if you don't believe me.

@Anonymous

There are exceptions to every rule. Menards lost a customer and sale, not to mention the drivers time and fuel.

I could see if the manager took the sale and knew he told the customer. Anywho the saying "the customer is always right" should apply.

I am glad the guy wasn't bluffing and made them take it back. GO YOU!!!!!