Minot, North Dakota
2.1
Layout of Store

I am a disabled veteran and had arranged to have sheetrock delivered to my new home 60 miles away that is being built to accommodate my disabilities. I asked if they could give me either a two hour heads up or a call before they left Minot so that I would have enough time to get there for the delivery.

The delivery man called and said that he just left another delivery I'll be there in 45 minutes and will not wait. I told him that I wasn't able to get down there that quickly. He then told me that he was going to return to the store. I called the manager of the store who told me that he would not have the sheetrock delivered today.

I had coordinated this to accommodate my disabilities. When I told the store manager that I am disabled he told me "how do I know you're disabled and on oxygen? " You've got to be kidding. I had my schedule around this delivery.

He gave me the option of making the 120 mile round trip again tomorrow or cancel my order. Rather than deal with their incompetent staff I decided ge get a refund, their loss and home depot's gain and they just moved in next door. I have about $20,000 worth of materials waiting to go into to my house maybe i should I have them lined up at the front desk as returns. Its also nice to know that when I call corporate they don't even have the decency to put a live person at the end of the line that doesn't put you into a recorded line that tells me to submit an email.

No wonder the management team does not care about customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Comments