Ever try paying your Menards card on line the day it is due?The bank that handles the The Big Card with is HBSC will charge you a $15 processing fee to pay your bill the day it is due.

Actually you have to make that payment at least 2 business days prior to the due date to avoid the $15 processing fee. My payment is due Sunday 5/10/09 and I attempted to pay today and was told I will have to pay the $15 processing fee or the payment will be posted Monday and I will be charged a late fee. Oh and you can not make a payment at the store either!! I'm done with Menards and HBSC forever.

I was on hold with HBSC while writing this rant and they were nice enough to reduce the late fee to $8 from $29 if I make my payment that is due Sunday the 10th today Friday the 8th.

What a scam.Absolutely done with these crooks.

Review about: Menards Credit Card.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #571880

A consumer has every right to be able to pay their bill on the date it is due without being charged a "same day processing fee." This fee is fictitious in the sense that it does not take any additional effort, manpower, or expense in any way, shape or form to process a payment on the same day.If your payment is due 5/10, then you should have access either via phone, internet or in-store to make this payment without a servicing fee.

Unfortunately, most Menard's locations do not process in-store payments. Those that do do not credit you on the same day. Many argue that Menard's is not at fault, rather it is HSBC that is the culprit and Menard's should not be liable. Actually, Menard's is fully liable, as they have entered a contractual, binding business agreement with HSBC to handle financing on their behalf, and act as their agent for their consumers.

I am sorry that you have had such an unpleasant, unethical business experience. However, as a legal consultant, I assure you that you have consumer rights that cannot be challenged in the scenario listed above.

You simply need to take steps to challenge it.Consumer law is on your side.

Actually Menards does have control over who and how there company name is used and Mendards must endorse the bank in order to get the kick back from the bank; There web site is set up to make it difficult to make timely payments becuase they make more money in fees than in interest.HSBC are credit card sharks: The answwer is stay out of Mendards until you can control your credit card addiction.

PAy cash . You cannot use Ameervcan Express becuase MEnards woudl have to stand by their products.

Stay away from the 'Rebate scams" If you do you will will more than likely buy what you need instead of what the marketers intice you to buy.Home Depost, Lowes, and Ace re no different; If you have local building supply take the time to get to know them, once they do you will be much happier with the quality and service.

PS The leftist name callign bomber thrower needs to learn some manners

You ***. Pay your bill before it is due.

#371939

Well...for starters, you can make a payment at any of the Menard locations, and secondly, it's HSBC not HBSC... how do you idiots live with yourself?

I ended up with a late fee once because they changed my due date from the 18th to the 5th.I was always going online and paying my bill way before the due date and before I got my bill.

But I never expected them to change my due date like that. My husbands was always a day before mine and still is around the 17th.

I never called because I just figure it was a way they steal form people.plan on cancelling it when my promotion is payed off.

Ever try paying for last months purchases when a no interest promotion is coming due in a couple months? Menards won't let you! They will apply your payments to the promotion and charge you at least 24.99% on your regular BIG CARD purchases for up to four months.

I read my bill wrong and accidentally paid .60 more than I owed.my next statement showed i had .60 credit.

A month later it was gone. I called HSBC and asked why, was told any amount under $1.00 is eliminated. I argued and was told it would be returned, but it wasn't. 60 cents might not be a lot to some multi-million corporation, but I have to pinch pennies to get by.

I'll let it go, but I wonder how many people are getting cheated out of change.I wonder how that works with a 60-cent debt?

#221954

Menards actually has no control over HSBC.Menards does not own HSBC.

Menards can not control another company such as HSBC. It is another crappy credit card like many others. I have several that don't allow me to pay in the store. It's not just Menards.

You can't really blame the company you buy from, when they do their credit card through another company.You can't call them crooks for not paying your bill ahead of time.

If..you would of mailed it from your post office and had ask them for proof of mail date..your payment would not of ben late..as the date of mail is the payment received date...F.Y.I...

you shouldn't wait to the day it's due to pay it. Sounds like it your fault.