Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster.They are actually 3/8".

Related: Menards - Horrible Store

I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain. Before I ordered them I asked I if would be able to return any not needed. I was simply told yes.

I ended up only needing them for the bottoms of the balusters so I took the unneeded and unopened remainder back. I was then told there is a 25% restocking fee. There was no mention of this before I purchased them even after I specifically asked about returns. After this second disappointment with the same purchase I am now complaining.

I spent $70.00 on unexpected machining cost and paid you $22.55 in restocking fees.I'm not happy.

Review about: Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base.

2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Menards Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Tipton, Missouri, United States #1248208

Restocking fees are part of your SO contract. Doesnt matter if "no mention was made" or not, you are still subject to it and this is on you. Also, any third party costs are completely your affair and have nothing to do with the store's policy, regardless of any problems with the product itself....but this doesn't (well *shouldn't*) even need to be said...

Toledo, Ohio, United States #1232500

You, sir or ma'am, are a liar.Since you so kindly showed the return receipt, it clearly shows that you original order was online.

Who, then, did you ask about the return? Did you stop your online transaction and randomly call a store so that you could pose your questions to a person?

Complain about the fee if you choose, but why do you feel it necessary to lie about the situation?It invalidates your whole complaint.

Marion, Ohio, United States #1232172

How do you machine 3/8" down to 1/2"?

Where you able to return them?Was your question answered?

Did you bother reading your contract? Your receipt? The gigantic sign?

Visit returns section of their website?Are you an adult or do you still need breast fed?

to Anonymous Mound, Minnesota, United States #1232468

U r a ***. Only way you have this attitude is you are from their corporate office.

to Anonymous #1232728

Breast fed then?Gotcha.

And no just not ignorant to the vast and ever changing world ahead of us all. The information is always there you just have to learn to make an effort.

It only benefits yourself.Always be open to new information else you are closing yourself off from our world.