On October 4. 2023, I purchased a snow blower by phone and paid for it.

I made arrangements to pick it up on October 7th. On my arrival at the customer desk, where I obtained the paper work to pick up the snow blower in the desinated area. I went to the area, as instructed, where a person took my paper work and went to find my snow blower. After he had been gone for a very long time, two people came and advised me that they were having a difficult time finding my purchase and if I had a few more minutes.

I told them "Yes" and they left. Some time later, they came back and informed me that they could not find my purchase and that I had two options. One was to make a deal with them on a different snow blower and the other was to receive my money back. As I had been there for over 2 hours, I asked if I could come back the next day and try to deal on a different snow blower and got my money back.

On arrival the next day, they offered me a less expensive snow blower for the sale price of the original snow blower that I had previously purchased, but no $100 mail in rebate. At that time, I asked if they would get any more snow blowers in the future and they said "yes" but they didn't know when. Then I asked if I could get a snow blower for the same price as the one I had purchased previously. They said "yes" but I would not receive the $100 rebate.

I chose not to do either options as I felt I was not getting a fair deal. I feel that Menards used my money for 5 days. I have no snow blower and I think this borders on theft of my property during the five days that I had paid for it. I would appreciate a response on how this can be resolved.

My family has been a customer of Menards for a long time. Thank you

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Comments

Last year I bought a Snow Devil two stage snow blower. I have put it in the shop twice because the cables that control the auger and the cable that controls the propelled part of the blower both snapped at different times.

The small engine shop here has never heard of this brand, but did manage to fix it. This year, the pull rope snapped. We managed to get it started, but now it won't pull at all. It pulls a little and then locks.

Menard's won't take back a engine powered device once it has been started. I really think that is something they should tell you.

I shouldn't be having this much trouble with something I bought a year ago.

I bought one , and just opened it to put it together, it came with bent and broken pieces, the box was intact, frustrating thing is I'm waiting for the snow devil company to get back to me with good replacement parts.

I believe everything that you said. Employees at Menards (specially managers) are all a***h***s.

I stopped buying at Menards already and I have taken all my business to Lowes.

Also, let me tell you that you should disregard any comment from Heartless and LTCC since they are both employees from Menards. They respond to each complain posted in this side about Menards.

@anonymous

I would go to Lowes or Home Depot, but they are both a 20 mile drive from my house.

LTCC

I think from reading the prevoius posts....this is a systemic problem for Menards....and I would be willing to bet a calculated one....make a sale regards of whether or not a product has been placed on hold....in that way they have not only your money...but the other poor suckers as well.......And Just remember - you usually dont get any answers.....when dealing with Menards. But hey they got that fancy race car.....that you all are funding

Even if you post it twice, you won't get a better answer. :x

Not having the snowblower in stock may have been fustrating but trust me it was a genuine blessing in disguise. Nearly all mtd snowblowers feature generic off brand engines which no dealer will service due to poor quality products, limited parts access and dificult warrenty process for the service center.

Mtd is the bottom of the barrel for the name brand snowblowers, or if you were looking at the snow devil models exclusivly sold at menards, service dealers will just laugh at your face about the POS you spend $400 on and died few weeks after buying. Best of all with menards if you buy the item and it wont start, too bad its an "as is" sale to them and just pass the buck to the dealer to service your brand new dead POS snowblower.

Do yourself a favor spend couple bucks more for a quality snowblower with name brand engine from a dealer who actually knows his products, provides service and tests the machine at the time of the sale, instead of having some menards kid half way though puberty scratch the back of your pick up truck loading the wood crate. This is just another example of get what you pay for.

Sounds like you did a PHONE IN PREPAID ON THE CRAZY DAY SALE SNOW BLOWER... THE STORE SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE IT'S AGAINST STORE POLICY FOR THIS EXACT REASON. Everything in the 3 days Crazy Day sale is WHILES SUPPLIES LAST, no rain checks, no holds, no pre-paids. IT'S FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!...

What happened was you called and prepaid it, they never pulled one for you and sold out. EVERY STORE SOLD OUT OF THAT SNOW BLOWER DURING THE CRAZY DAY SALE. Had they followed policy this would have never happened in the first place.

As far as the rebate goes nothing they can do at all those are not thru Menards they are thru rebate international and are limited to stock on hand.

@Heartless

If you work for menards, you should not. You should not be blaming the guest for anything.

Stuff like this happens sometimes but it is our duty to make it right-not make excuses.

Shame on you. Find another hobby besides posting on here.