112 views
Verified Reviewer

2.5

Good day,

I had purchased a pair of the LED lights from the Livonia, MI store, about three years ago.It's a 46 inch LED Shop Light - Model # GW-SL46-42-3E. The sticker on the back of the light fixture shows the SKU #: 348-****.

When I try to call up this SKU on your website, it does not exist.

If I am not mistaken, the light was guaranteed for at least 5 years. One of the light stopped working last week.

The other one is still fine (although I have used it less also).

I live in Canada across from Detroit MI, but with the border closed by the government, I have no way of getting the light fixture to the store to show it. Is there any way I can get a replacement under the warranty.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

User's recommendation: Please be careful when buying off shore products because of inferior quality. In my situation, I have not heard anything from Menards either from where I had purchased the Shop LED light.

Location: Windsor, Ontario

Comments

#1970753

Your post should also advise consumers to keep copies of the warranty and their receipts so they know exactly how to handle a warranty claim and prove the product was purchased within the warranty period.

#1970759
@PissedConsumer1970753

The sticker on the light fixture has a date stamp from the manufacturer of 09-18. This would translate to September 2018.

By the time it reached Menards warehouse could easily be three to four months. This may possibly help in the age of the product.

However, I concur that the receipts and any supporting warranty documents should be saved for any future claims if the product fails during the warranty period. Thank you.

Menards Reviews