Verified Reviewer

2.1

Update by user Jan 05, 2022

No contact from local Menards management, still waiting for Mr. Bob Wolfe to respond.

Update by user Jan 05, 2022

I contacted Pissed off Customer and they forwarded to Main Menards office, they forwarded my complaint to the Menards general manager. They also provided contact infor for Mr. Bob Wolfe, but I fell it's his turn to respond to my concerns, by contacted me.

Original review posted by user Jan 05, 2022

I received a response from the main office, and it was forwarded to the Big Rapids general manager. He has yet to respond, hopefully Mr. Bob Wolfe will contact soon.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Pros: In the past i have always had good visits to menards.

Menards Cons: I asked steve and to help load several bags of salt.

Location: 14777 215th Avenue, Big Rapids, MI 49307

Comments

Who is helping you unload the salt once you get home ?

@PissedConsumer2113230

My son.

@William C Hep

Should have brought him with you when you went to the store.

@PissedConsumer2113415

So if an elderly or disabled person shops at menards their expected to bring along their own personal muscle man escort since store staffing is too unmotivated???? My neighbor in his 80's is still independent and regularly goes to stores.

We help him carry in bags of groceries or his 24 pack of diet coke, but i'd be shocked if he says "can you please go with me to the store since the store staffing chooses to lean against the wall and play pocket pool while i struggle to load merchandise into my vehicle". Unfortunately menards has rightfully earned a reputation of poor quality products and poor customer service.

I personally have seen multiple times where a customer asks the most basic advise from a employee only for the employee to bellow out "thats not my department" then run off at the speed of light. Bottom line and be a smart consumer to support a business who appreciates the customers who provide them with a job and paycheck.

@PissedConsumer2113589

Don't shop at big box, self service, discount stores if you need assistance with your purchase. There are still stores out there where employees will help you with your purchase. Just expect to pay a little more as they have to pay for people willing to help you.

@PissedConsumer2113415

Maybe he does not have time to shop with the father. That sometimes happens.

For example I know of a case where the elderly parent does the shopping, and when she brings the items home her son unloads them, especially heavy stuff. Because she is elderly, some people who see her offer to help her put 24 packs of water in the car. The point is if they are paid for that task, they should do what they are paid to do.

Then again maybe Steve is not an unloader. IN that case they usually get call someone to help.

@Zachary 2001

Big box, self service, discount stores aren't known for having a lot of employees around to assist customers. That is why it is better to shop at full service stores if you need help. Yes, you will pay a little more but someone has to pay for extra staff that is actually willing to help customers.

Menards Reviews