Pickerington, Ohio

I wandered throughout the garden section for quite a while, looking for a particular item. 5 store clerks present did not even look at me.

Once I asked about where I could get the item, one told me he wasn't sure & he kept working.Once I was ready to pay for my item someone shouted: "Go inside the store, we are short of help!" I had to go inside to pay for my item.

I will never go back!It wasn't until I was walking out of the main door that an employee said thank you, have a nice day. Wish they would put the emphasis on the inside store experience rather than smiling to you as you leave!

Comments

Menards Lancaster? Good store and good prices, if you only get a few items!

Don't plan on doing a big project because the aggravation with the mistakes and delivery delays along with their (I don't care Attitude) will have you so upset it won't be worth low prices even with the 11% so called rebates.

PS - All outside sales work off commission! Beware!!

WELL, I LOVE MENARDS. I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE STAFF BECAUSE I NEVER NEED THEIR HELP,I ALREADY KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS BECAUSE ITS MY FAVORITE STORE SO I DON'T NEED THAT EITHER.

I WILL ADMIT THAT THEY CONSTANTYLY RUN OUT OF THE SALE ITEMS ON THE FIRST DAY AND THEN EVERY OTHER DAY AFTER THAT! ALSO I HAVE NOT RECIEVED BY REBATES AT TIMES.

Some staff are very rude at the Lancaster store, but I can say I had a couple that were very nice, so I guess they cancel each other out . .

. of course it is rare to ever find anyone to help you, rude or not . . .

the worse thing is that they never have enough sale items . . . example: they had shelving on sale and I went in the first day of the sale and they were out .

. . when I finally found a staff member they said the store only got six of the shelves and those were gone within a few hours . .

. this is only one example . . .

it happens all the time . . . I have quit shopping there because of this .

. .

:) I Love Menards only have one fault no dressing room. Bought jeans brought them home they were miss sized now have to go 50 miles to bring them back..

grrrr.

Also bought a drill driver and had two clerks helping me.. they were very helpful.

I have received over $500.00 throughout the past year or so purchasing materials for my 800 sq ft addition. So, yes, they did have a military discount.

The CSMs knew me after awhile because they would come up to the counter when I wheeled my load of wood and windows up to the checkout. When I stopped in last week to get a small heater I was told the discount was done away with. Well, with Lowes just 2 blocks away... I guess you know where I'm going.

Same service and prices I can't see going back to Menards any time soon. Why would I? Maybe just for the food stuffs I can't get anywhere else. I like the BBQ sauce.

But I'll get what I can from Lowes and other military friendly shopkeeps. It's just good marketing with all these reservists and guardsmen and women.

#194341

Look... I am not ***, you know. They cannot make things like that yet.

#194259

Ignore the complainers. I live in East Columbus and Menards Lancaster is GREAT!

I had a very similar experience in Menard's in Lancaster. I was looking carpet protectors for under table legs.

I asked 2 people and they both said in no uncertain terms that they didn't know it wasn't there department. On the second guy (in the carpet section of the store) after he looked at me like aren't you going to leave now, I told him that if he wasn't going to help me to please go get some one who would at which point he directed me to a 3rd person who finally showed me where they were.

I work at the store in Marquette Michigan, and our garden center is colder than ***! Custys that get pissed that they cannot check out at the garden center registers....answer this.....how the *** would you like to stand out in an unheated concrete floored structure, with NO sun coming in, and registers that face north that are 5 feet from the exit doors for 8 hours?????? Until it warms up, get your lazy *** up to the registers inside the heated store, and quit ***!!!!!

i wonder if it's warmer in ohio than it is in minnesota, where i work. we're still awaiting word whether or not to open the GC this week. the snow just won't stay away!

First, providing this story is true, I apologize for my fellow team members. I don't work at Lancaster, but I still can't stand hearing that stuff.

The one question I do have: Was the Garden Center register open? During April, my store only occasionally open our registers out there, and also usually have that door locked, so the only place to check out is inside.