O Fallon, Illinois

MY WIFE & I VISITED THE NEW O'FALLON, IL. STORE TO VIEW SOME FLOOR COVERING THAT WAS ADVERTISED, & OTHER ITEM THAT WE MY NEED TO REMODEL OUR HOME.

WHEN WE ENTERED THE "CLERK" IN THE FRONT SAID THAT THE SCOOTER WE COULD SEE WAS BRAND NEW & HAD TO BE CHARGED FOR 24HRS.& "THE OTHER ONE" WAS IN USE. HE OFFERED US "THE ONE WHEELCHAIR" THEY HAD. MY WIFE AND I ARE BOTH HANDICAPPED.

I ONLY HAVE ONE ARM & ONE REAL LEG & CAN ONLY GO IN A TIGHT CIRCLES WITH A WHEELCHAIR, MY WIFE HAS HAD MOST OF HER VERTIBRAE FUSED. MENARDS NEEDS TO STAY OUT OF THE "BIG CITY" UNTIL THEY TRAIN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO RUN A STORE!

Comments

#1320115

Since I don't feel these ppl's pain ,I don't judge them. But if they feel like they need one and the store wants there money, win /win.

Home Depot and Lowe's has handicap scooters so I shop with them!!!!

medicare pays 90% for scooters and medicaid will often pay 100%. mostcompanies that sell them will work with the purchaser to make it as free as they possibly can.

i have 4 fused vertebra in my back as well as one area that has a rod and screws...this does not in any waymake mh that disabled i need a scooter, i fact the surgeries got me mobile and helped fix a problem. of course it hurts at times, i have degenerative bone disease. im 48. what galls me is how many of these posts i read where ppl have such entitled, angry tones,.

as someone said you are not disabled and need a scooter becuz of a fused disk. no one is "being insensitive" to you by not kissing your selfish personal need for your own personal scooter at this store. theyre not losing "handicapped" business, you are going off pouting. i bet the handicap parking spots are full at this store evety day.

if you want to be an angry victim over nothing you can. it has nothing to do with everyone having to be sensitive to you. i have a quadriplegic brother who manages like you wouldnt believe.

he doesnt drive around (with his fused vertabra that needs a scooter youre saying?) because the world doesnt revolve around his pity party. why not lose weight and get a part time volunteer job helping truly disabled people so you appreciate that you can still drive, shop and complain?

it is really very nice site. i have found lots of thing here.

thanks for nice information. visit us to know more about handicapped scooters

We shop the Menards in Jackson Michigan and also run into the one scooter dilemma. If the scooter is not available for my wife’s use our solution is to get back into our truck and go to home depot in Jackson Michigan where they are much more sensitive to the needs of the handicapped. We spend a few thousand dollars a year on items and although Menards is under no obligation to cater to us, they lose business because of their insensitivity.

Typing in all caps makes your argument a whole lot more valid... Not.

#671986

If you need a scooter, buy one. 90% of the time its just fat people that ride those scooters anyways.

Menards is not Wal-Mart. How dangerous would it be to have 20 of those things riding around the store.

@C

certain cancer meds cause people to swell up an look very over weight judge not lest ye be judged

They should have more than two if they want to keep their handicapped customers. Walmart has tons and their store isn't quite as big as Menards if you want to shop the whole store. Anyone against more scooters obviously isn't handicapped!!!!!

How many do you think they should have? Not long ago they had none, just a wheelchair.

They added one to each store and as you noted in your post they just got another new one.

Most people who have a real medical reason to have one get their insurance company or medicare to provide one for them. If you really NEED one go out and buy one, don't expect every store you shop in to have a fleet of them ready for your use.

@How...

Do you understand the massive pain it is to load and unload a mobility cart at every store you might need to ship at? I love people that judge everyone without taking 2 minutes to actually think before they open their mouths.

I have to agree with Heartless to a certain degree. If both you and your wife are in such a need for electric scooters each place you shop, I would definitely recommend purchasing one for yourself and your wife because I doubt that Menards is the only place you have this issue with.

I believe your response to me saying this will probably be something along the lines of "Do you know how much those cost!? There's no way I can afford to buy one for both me and my wife." I would then extend the same response to you. How many of these semi-expensive scooters would you like retailers to provide to its consumers? Five?

Ten?

Twenty? There is no good answer to that question because no matter how many are there, the person that comes in and does not get one will still complain and be angry with the retail organization because the retailer "doesn't care enough about their handicapped customers."

All Menard's stores are like this. They carry one motorized wheelchair and one standard wheelchair.

If you really require a motorized wheelchair you SHOULD BUY ONE YOURSELF!

Menards is not responsible for your well being. You're exactly whats wrong with America today you CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN *** SELF and expect others to do it for you.

Stores aren't required to have the electric scooters for their customer's convenience. It is a courtesy.

They probably gauge the number of scooters required by the general population of a certain area. Fused vertebra in a person's back doesn't make them handicapped. I know lots of people that have more than one fused vertebra in their backs and they don't use a wheel chair, or electric scooter. I also know a guy that only has one vertebra left that isn't fused and he still works as a cattle buyer at auctions.

Another one that I know has several fused vertebra and continues working as police officer until he was 70 years old. You can always do what I do, when I shop someplace where I need to use one of the scooters. I make sure I get there early enough that I get one.

That means be there when the store opens. Of course you could also have your own electric equipment.