Cleveland, Tennessee

I bought a Poulan chainsaw for my husband's birthday in January - the saw does not work. Not something you use everyday in OH in January - when it was used (in February due to a fallen tree) and wouldn't work, I took it back to Menards to be told since "we didn't buy their extended warranty" they will NOT refund or exchange it since it is past 30 days.

Poulan will not stand behind it either after 30 days - I will not shop at Menards anymore, nor buy another Poulan product. I will shop at Lowe's or Home Depot (and even pay more if I need to!) and only buy Stihl products from now on!

Customer SERVICE is where it's at these days - something Menard's nor Poulan is willing to do!

Comments

karen77

So let me see if I have this correct....you won't shop at menards anymore because of a defect from poulan? Yea that's makes sense

Good luck finding Stihl saws at Lowe,s or depot. you people are all ***'s if you want quality pay for it.

employed

Or...now let me make this as clear as possible...maybe females shouldn't be buying the power tools? in the middle of winter?

when there is no immediate use for it?

stick with the gift card...that way you won't eff up another birthday for your poor husband!

Evidently you fall in the 2 year old category the way you type and spell....

Return policy is in the back pf every receipt. Just another grown adult acting like s 2great year old when they don't hey what they want. All u had to do is take it to a repair center and they bill the company.

Lowes doesn't take back gas powered equipment after 30work days either. Return policy is in the back pf every receipt.

Byron...get your facts straight! The returns are done according to how you paid...if you in fact used a debit card (and entered a pin) at time of purchase, your refund choices are cash or back onto that card.if you used it as a credit card and did not enter a pin, it goes back to that card.

There is NO WAY you would have been given a store credit when returning an item you purchased with a debit card 2 weeks prior! Store credit is issued if you wrote a check and it is under 14 days, you had a no-receipt return, or had a receipt and the purchase is over 90 days old.

These would be the ONLY reasons you would be given a store credit. I am calling bullsh-t on this one!!!

I have had so many bad experiences at menards its not funny but when you use a debit card to buy what you need ,then try to return an 11.00 item 2 weeks later to be told you have to take in store credit,I would say something needs to change. the employees need better training in all areas or should not be allowed to walk around the store shrugging their shoulders when asked a question,the reply is its not my area.The proper response is there are 75 people working in here today and 3 actually know something.let me get one of them for you! thanks for listening.

wandaledford

No, it's not "common sense" to test out a chain saw in the middle of winter in Ohio. You can tell you have the "Menard's Manager Mentality" - no customer service skills what so ever. (And yes Bill, I WILL shop at Lowe's.)

Usually when I buy something I bring it home and test it out right away. I guess that's just common sense.

Shop at Lowes. They will take anything back no questions asked.