Maumee, Ohio

Purchased a Rio Series quarts counter top at Holland, Oh. Store 7/17/15.

Two weeks later received a call from the salesman that the part around the sink was broken when it arrived in their warehouse. Reorder should be in the warehouse in a week. Two and a half weeks later called Menards and the new kitchen department salesman knew nothing about the order. Checked warehouse and found order.

Menards contacted their recommended installer and everything was going well with installation until the installer got to sink area. The left seam fit perfect at the sink but the right seam was cut wrong. The installer called this to my attention and said Menards would be calling me to take care of the problem. No one called.

I filled out their Guest Complaint Form which I picked up at the store and sent registered mailed 9/8/15, talked to two different store managers at the Holland, Oh. store times, sent pictures of the problem area to Menards Guest Relations dept., sent pictures to Menards' Holland, Oh. store. I have been to the store MANY times.

Emailed Menards Guest relation twice with the pictures they requested and Emailed pictures to MMM Midwest Mfg. 5311 Kane Rd. Eau Claire, Wi. 54703-9624 their supplier.

I have never received a call but I have received through the mail manuals for installing counter tops. All I asked for was someone knowledgeable to look at the problem and have it fixed. The last letter I received stated that excess glue was used and I should remove it. Isn't it amazing that they can sit in their office in Wisconsin and have such great eye sight.

Money hasn't been the issue.

Taking care of the problem is.... but I doubt if I see it in my lifetime.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Cons: Unhelpful customer service representatives, Problem not taken care of.

Comments

MrSharkNasty

Menards employes are not allowed to recommend contractors. They can hand you a list of contractors, but that's it.

They have zero affiliation with them. They don't know how qualified they are. Anyone can get their name on that list!

They will be terminated if they recommend any contractor to anyone. And like the other poster pointed out what does AGE HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

What does your age have to do with anything?