Working at Menards has been by far the WORST experience i've dealt with. First off, the TRAINING SUCKS.
You will have to learn your department on your OWN because NO ONE is going to teach you. When customers come up to ask you questions, be ready to say "I don't know." Also, the HEAD CASHIERS are egotistical maniacs. There was one head cashier who even said, "I have a radio attached to me, I am obviously a higher power...don't be rude to me." REALITY CHECK!!! You are not more important than anyone here.
They definitely show FAVORITISM TOO! They wear a look on their face that says "I HATE YOU DONT TALK TO ME" if you're not white. When you ring your bell for help at the cash registers, it's like they are ready to smack you. In all honestly, HEAD CASHIERS ARE LAZY!
Absolutely NOT FRIENDLY. I've had situations where one head cashier laughed at me to other co-workers. YES, they were making FUN OF ME. I should have slapped her.
On top of that, the customers consist of 95% of CRABBY OLD MEN. The other 5% are CRAZY WOMEN who cry over not getting a penny off their rug or countless numbers of chips/candy bars.
Cry me a river. If you like counting numerous amounts of lumber, lifting heavy objects for yourself because the CUSTOMERS (mostly men) ARE LAZY to help you lift, and you like dealing with co-workers who play favorites and make fun of you, THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU :)
Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Cashier.