Went to this Menards (very first time in any Menards store) on May 21, 2017 and was unable to locate anyone to help in the Doors area (I needed a storm door). An associate had to page/call for someone for me, and then when he came walking toward me, acted as if I had interrupted him.

I asked if he was busy; said "No". Then he still acted weird and I said do you work in "Doors" and he said, "Yeah". I needed help with the sizing and he didn't help with any suggestions, ideas, etc. for me as a woman who has no idea how to get a replacement door.

Anyway, from wanting to get a door THAT day, he wanted to sell me a custom door for $400+. I walked away saying I'd go to Lowe's or Home Depot. Spoke with the young female manager at front desk, and she only said, "I'm so sorry".

I left very unsatisfied and won't be back for anything big. Save your gas and go elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Windows And Doors Department.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Cons: Customer service in the doors department.

Comments

If he was able to suggest a custom door he would have had to discuss sizing with you, which suggests that he did come up with suggestions and ideas for what you needed. The sizes you provided were obviously not a standard size or you wouldn't have discussed a custom door. If you don't have a standard size door it isn't going to be in stock at Menards and good luck finding a custom door in stock at Lowes or Home Depot.