58 views
Verified Reviewer

I bought a portable A/C unit and spent nearly $600 on the item which included $15.00 delivery fee.

When I got the item it was damaged but still functional. I called the store and they offered me 10% discount which I accepted.

Then later that day I noticed pieces were missing. I called the store back and spoke with the same man, Lauren, he took my number and said someone from plumbing would be getting in touch with me. No one called. The next day when trying to drain the unit, I discovered more pieces were missing.

I was transferred repeatedly until reaching a man named John. He argued there was no way the product could be missing pieces because they didnt open the box. I explained to him there was a label on the box and it appears it had been a return. He said Fine just keep it, toss it if you want, we will give you a full refund.

I didnt think that sounded correct. The call was disconnected. I called back and reached the manager Terry. Explained everything to him.

He seemed reluctant to assist but said he would call me back. He called and offered to exchange the unit for another and to pick up the old unit while delivering the new one. I agreed and I gave him multiple sku# until we found a unit that was in stock. I was told the delivery would be first thing in the morning, it was way late afternoon.

Terry had promised that I would receive paperwork showing the amount refunded due to the price difference and the refund of the extended warranty. I received no paperwork. Did not hear from anyone Sunday. Called Monday morning and spoke with Terry.

He stated he would have to call me back. When he called back he stated that I received a refund of only $52. He refused to refund the extended warranty I had purchased for the previous unit and is refusing to refund the $15 delivery fee. I have absolutely had it with this store.

Days and days of arguing and explaining and waiting for phone calls. I am returning the item today and I will never be a customer of Menards again.

User's recommendation: Horrible Customer Service-DO NOT BUY ONLINE.

Comments

Contact your attorney General & if you are not in Wisconsin, contact the Wisconsin AG dept of consumer affairs as well. Give them as much detail as you can.

The only way to stop this type of negligence to the consumer is to get the appropriate agencies involved and have them see that this is happening. That is what they are there for, to protect consumers from abuse.

@PissedConsumer1890414

Thank you for that information.

Menards Reviews