Verified Reviewer

1.5

Update by user Jan 25, 2021

I have been contacted by Menards (email), and was told that they were passing my email along to the correct department. After not hearing from them for 2 weeks, I sent the same e-mail originally sent to them with the attachment, and after a couple of days I did hear back from them again, saying they couldn't access the attachment.

I have just today sent them a reply including my original "posting"...

Fingers crossed that they may do something this time... They can't say they can't read my complaint this time as it is within the body of the email.

Original review posted by user Dec 26, 2020

"We purchased a Musical Animated Santa with Snow Globes from your Detroit Lakes store, I believe the beginning of December of last year. My daughter lives outside this area.

We paid I believe around $80.00 U.S. for this item. We are from Canada as you can see by my phone number. We plugged it in and used it sparingly for 3 weeks until it was taken down and stored for this Christmas.

We brought it out of its original packaging and plugged it in both into the globe configuration and into the wall. It flickered and went out, if you held it a certain way, it might last and play music, light up and snow for about a second or two if that. I was not impressed. There was obviously something wrong we thought at the time with the cord.

It's not the cord, it's the inside workings of the globe connection. I am not impressed, it's not as if the globe is plugged and unplugged each time you use it, it has a switch to turn it on and the volume up if needed. I had hoped to be able to play this for my 18 month old granddaughter this year but it's not going to happen.

After spending that kind of money one would think that it would last more than one plug in... (item#289-**** SKU# 8 41887****90 7) Not a "happy camper".

Please take a few minutes to answer Karen Hunt directly.

User's recommendation: don't purchase seasonal items from Menards if you don't live close to the store.

Menards Pros: Well stocked, Usually affordable items, Well stocked usually affordable items.

Menards Cons: Unacceptable response times.

Comments