Madison, Wisconsin

Lost a leg. Menards have no powered carts for me to shop store.

Love the store but won"t return. Fleet farm does have them now i do all my shopping there and i know another person in same boat.Most of my shopping wasdfone at your store, but now am unable to walk that much.

I have heard complaints from other handicapped people too. Put in carts and you will again recieve my business which is conciderable in the past.I am not sure whether i will get a response or not, but i would hope so If you care about your customers.

Comments

#202893

Menards added motorized carts this month.

#190707

Why do you expect others to provide you with what you clearly need for yourself in the rest of your life. I'm sorry you lost a leg, but but don't you need to provide a car or a crutch or a wheelchair for yourself after you leave this store or any other?

If we had decent, affordable health care in this country, the government or the rest of us paying for insurance would buy you what you cannot or will not buy for yourself. It would be much cheaper to buy wheel chairs for everyone who needs one than to make every business to buy several for those who don't take care of their own needs.

#190706

I've shopped at Menards in three states over the years and personal service was (and still is) outstanding. I'm asked if I need help two or three times every visit and those asking are super nice guys and gals.

I'm sorry about your leg...I had a transplant and suffer from advanced diabetes so walking sucks, but just last week an employee asked me if I would like a wheel chair and someone to assist me.

Tell me where the *** people treat you better than that.I agree, powered carts would be great. They certainly can afford them that's for sure, but it is what it is.

You might as well give up because Menards is not going to accommodate you. They don't care, they only cater to one type of customer- the one that comes in and doesn't ask for help, because they know what they want and where it is. Stay with Fleet Farm they have been around longer and are much better at customer service.

Is that right?

The stores do have wheelchairs available & if you ask, the general manager will assign a friendly team member to push you around & assist with your shopping.

Having worked there for a number of years, I will tell you that until the day I die or quit, they will NEVER have motorized carts! I understand your issue, but if walking was a problem, I would seriously consider buying my own scooter. The money you will save from buying at Menards as opposed to other places should somewhat justify the purchase....IMHO