Farmington, Missouri

I don't understand why the brand new manards in Farmington Mo. Only has 1 cart for a store this size.

I would think they would want to encourage people to shop their stores. My mother is 71 years old and would love to go around the entire store but there is never a cart. She can't spend money on things she never gets to see.

We have now been to the store 5 times just since it opened in September, every time we have to leave before we make it around the entire store. I think it's to a point now that we will no longer be shopping in any of your stores.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Comments

MrSharkNasty

If you need a motorized cart that badly YOU SHOULD BUY ONE YOURSELF. Next thing you know is people will be asking retail stores to buy them a vehicle to drive to their store.

I'll bet the small clothing stores, drug stores and even grocery stores in town don't have multiple carts or even have them. Your mother is more likely to spend her money in those stores than a Menards store.

If your mother REALLY needed a cart she would have her own. Stop and think about what it costs to put these carts in stores.

Just one cart in each of 300 stores at $1000 a cart is $300,000 out of John Menard's back pocket. You and your mother aren't willing to purchase a cart of her own but you feel it is proper for someone else to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to provide something you don't think is worth buying for yourself.

It's just good common sense business. Handicapped and elderly people are not worth the huge amount of extra cost and labor to deal with for minimal sales.

Menards has plenty of customers who are much less needy, and spend more money, therefore more profitable.

These are the kind of business choices that have propelled Menards into becoming the undisputed leader of the home improvement resale business in the midwest. You may not like it, but that is how capitalism works.