2524 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60435, USA
1.5
Layout of Store

I purchased 13 new windows for my house, during the 11% rebate, sent in the receipts and Menard's refused my rebate of over $600. Now I am in the process of remodeling an entire house had to return some items and they charged me a restocking fee of over $300 for items that never even left the factory.

Guess I will be ordering my cabinets, countertops, vanities, sinks, tiles, carpet, trim, shower surround and other materials somewhere else.

Not to mention that the customer service sucks, not only is it difficult to find a sales associate they make it seem like you just interpreted their day and now you are asking them to work!! Thought that is what you are getting paid for....

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

What reason did they give for refusing the rebate? Had you returned the items?

Did you go back for a price adjustment for a lower sale price that followed the rebate? As far as the re-stock fee is concerned they may not have been able to get the order canceled for you before it went into production or the manufacturer had components on the way for your order.

Just because it hasn't left the factory doesn't mean Menards can cancel the order and not get stuck with something you custom ordered. Next time make up your mind about what you want before your order it and avoid this problem.