84 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 17, 2021

Menard’s is still refusing to accept responsibility for my rebate, which their company promised to me. They have stood by Rebate International’s decision that my rebate must have been stolen.

Their advice is for the police to get me my rebate! That beats all!!

Now the police are responsible for getting customers their rebates from Menards. Really Menards, you made the promise and you alone are responsible for seeing that it is carried out since the company you contracted to do it won’t.

Original review posted by user Jan 18, 2021

Menards offers 11% rebates on all purchases. In August of 2020 I applied for a rebate on a large order.

I had not received it yet in December, but had received one for a lesser amount that I had sent in later. I contacted their rebate center and was told that I had received it and spent it, which I have not. I went to their website that lists rebates, the date they are paid to customers and the date they are used.

The website lists all of my other rebates, but does not list the one I am missing. Is this negligence, fraud, and/or delay tactics to save money for Menards?

I have contacted the store where I made the purchase and am told they cant do anything.

User's recommendation: Buyer beware! Menards is not the only store in town.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Preferred solution: Rebate as promised by Menards.

Menards Pros: Product.

Menards Cons: Failure to send rebate.

Location: 6800 West Main Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009

Comments

#1984462

Menards refuses to fix this situation, and they stand by Rebate International’s conclusion that my rebate must have been stolen. They suggest I rely on the police to get my rebate!

So now responsibility for a business promise has gone from Menards to Rebate International to the police. That is no way to do honest business.

#1980617

Crazy story. Same thing happened to us a large purchase in Aug 2020, continued to get smaller rebates and never received our $1,000.00 + rebate.

Same story with us, check the rebate log, not on there - called the store Manger in Beloit, WI and was told they cannot do anything to help us. We are in contact with the rebate center, but I am guessing we will also be SOL. We purposefully bought large purchase from Mernards knowing the rebate would have off set our expense, but for us there was no resolution as of yet either. Just crazy the months line up the exact same way.

Sounds like a problem on their end. Very unhappy customer.

Menards Reviews