65 views

We had zero issues until we were going to check out. Walked around, shopped for items, talked to other associates- NO ISSUES- As we are checking out with a cashier- who also said nothing- Savannah (not our cashier) came up to us and stated that my husband needed to wear a mask.

We told her not only were we checking out, but that she is the only person who has stated we need a mask- remember weve talked to other associates and shopped- TONS of people are walking around with no mask, including employees!!! Our state doesnt have a mask mandate for people with vaccines- she then becomes rude and starts to raise her voice.

Horrible guest service!!! Unbelievable behavior for someone holding a highlighter in front of guest services

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Foley, Alabama

Comments

#2095192

To those mask lovers with poor reading comprehension skills the last anonymous messages were from me. I am the OP.

I would have replied earlier but I was in jail. When they told us to wear a mask I started fake coughing and spitting on people and merchandise. The police talked me. They had called the police.

I even spit and c oughed on a 3 year old boy. The police saw the surveillance cameras They said that i was being unruly. I was charged with assault. I did not touch anyone but was sentenced to six months in jail.

I just got out. If you knew how to read you would have known this. So from now on i will sigh in to avoid confusion from low life mask lovers who lack reading comprehension skills.

I wasc arrested and charged with assault a few days after my review. Have spent 6 months in jail.

#2095164

That wasn’t the issue-no one told me to wear a mask. It was posted as required on the door at the entrance!

After walking back to the car and getting our masks, we entered to find out it was not “required” but rather “optional” as other folks were not masked up! Both the CDC and state of IN had said if vaccinated masks were not required. My point being to either reword sign or remove it if not enforced so folks aren’t inconvenienced or store policy is actually equally enforced.

I had no problem being masked. I had a problem stating it was required but then folks were walking around unmasked!

#2095179
@PissedConsumer2095164

Obey the rules or leave.

#2014049

Grow up. Telling you to wear your mask is not rude . You must be in preschool to mistake this as rude

#2014053
@PissedConsumer2014049

Exactky. They are behaving like 2 year olds.

When asked to wear a mask they did not need to raise a mask.

If they are going to behave like toddlers. They will be treated like toddlers

#2095167
@Edwena Azr

Two year olds are not required to mask up FYI Unfortunate your reading comprehension is so low. The issue is the inequality of enforcement, not the act of being told to mask up in general (but it was rude if the associate to say something finally at check out).

In a work place environment, if you were to change the situation and make an analogy of say “guy” did something all day and it was acceptable, but “girl” did it and was disciplined, it’s a possible EEO violation. The inequity of application is what is unacceptable.

#2095177
@Edwena Azr

Most complainers behave like 2 year olds.

#2013733

Maybe your state doesn't require masks but the store does. They have large signs at the entrance stating that fact.

What make you think you are exempt from their policy? If you don't like it stay out.

#2014054
@PissedConsumer2013733

The worst part is when asked to do something they do not want to do they mistake that as rude. That is what a toddler would do.

#2095170
@Edwena Azr

Rude is not equally enforcing the policy. You’re inaccurately flawed argument is based upon your emotional bias & not the facts and merits of the scenario.

While I appreciate your love for masks, that is not the argument here. The argument is equal enforcement. Why was this shopper singled out? Viruses know no gender, race, religion or sexually orientation-viruses don’t care how much money you have.

Everyone is an equal opportunity cootie carrier-correct???

So why “this person” and not “that person” is the issue being addressed. I would find it rude at s restaurant if I were not allowed entry for dress code, but then watched as another person entered in obvious violation of the same code-I’m hungry too!

#2095169
@PissedConsumer2013733

Did not believe exempt, but policy not equally enforced from consumer to consumer. Was race a factor?

Gender? Same sex couple? See how those 3 questions change everything? The issue is equal enforcement of the policy, not being asked to mask up.

Let’s say you’re in line to enter an amusement park-you’ve stood there for an hour watching people enter the park, hearing how much people are paying as they enter (we’re saying $50 pp) when you get to the gate they look at you and ask for $75! You’re upset because you’re being treated differently with greater burden and it’s not equally applied to everyone-now, you’re excited to enter the park, you’ve waited in line, your money is as good as the next person’s right?

But hey, if you don’t like being treated differently you can just leave, right??? What’s the big deal?

Menards Reviews