I went to Menards today to exchange furnace filters. I bought 20x25x1 and I should have gotten 16x25x1.

Exact same price. I didn't bother to look for my receipt because I thought they would do an even exchange because they are the same price. They made an issue that I didn't have my receipt and instead of doing an even exchange they had the nerve to charge me $4.96 plus tax. What a rip off.

They used to be my favorite store. I feel like they stole from me. This is poor customer service and they should be ashamed to do what they did. My kids would give me gift cards to Menards because I like shopping there.

I will think twice from now on. Shame on you.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I currently work at a Menards.

You should call and leave a complaint with our General Office.

This is never how this is supposed to be handled at the store level. It is as you said a simple even exchange.

I apologize that the store handled this innappropriately

@Anonymous

Sorry, but it is not an EVEN EXCHANGE. An even exchange would be returning an item and leaving with an item that had the same stock number.

If it is not the same stock number you will be issued a refund for the product you brought back and charged for the item you are taking.

When returning an item without a receipt you will be refunded at the lowest sale price for the item as they have no idea what you paid for it without your receipt. You could have talked to a store manager about a price adjustment but the service desk people can only process the transaction based on what the prices in the computer are, they do not have the authority to change them.

h.kitchener

Sorry, sport but you are wrong and have no cause for complaint. Almost all stores require a receipt. How else would they know you purchased the product from them?