53 views
Verified Reviewer

Today at around 9:42pm (CST) my father, 7 year old daughter and I visited your Menards store located at 123* 165TH ST, HAMMOND 46320. After loading my pickup with the wood items, we drove around to the front of the store.

At the stop sign a vehicle was stopped and not moving. After honking slightly, the car turned on their hazard lights. I looked towards the front door to see why they were blocking a lane and observed Menards employees conversating. my father (who was driving) had to reverse and drive into oncoming traffic lane in order to go around the vehicle.

As he was driving around, I noticed the Menards employee who had been conversating walk up to the vehicle and begin to put her purse in the vehicle. I stated to her "its very unprofessional that as a Menards employee you have to block the entrance", to which she replied "I'm off the clock bitch". Then immediately after the two women in the front of the vehicle began screaming at me that it was none of my business and "stupid bitch" as well as other obscenities. I advised them that they could have pulled the car onto the yellow lines (the ones that are in front of your entrance/exits for fire access) as opposed to blocking a lane.

The driver immediately throws her car in gear as a means to hit my fathers truck but inadvertently throws the Menards employee out of the car.

Menards prides itself on being a family business, yet I don't see how it is ok for a family to be threatened with bodily and vehicular harm because an employee has no respect for the uniform she wears. I really hope that something is done about this.

User's recommendation: This is not a family friendly store.

Preferred solution: Employee should be fired; I would like an apology.

Menards Pros: I live within a mile of my local store, Fact that they are open convenient hours.

Menards Cons: Possibly losing a life long customer, Staff attitude, Parking lot, Lack of concern for safety of guest.

Location: 1233 165Th St, Hammond, IN 46320