Rochester, New York

ONE CART FOR THE WHOLE STORE. STORE IS LARGE AND HAS HARD FLOORS .

PEOPLE NEED CARTS. UNFRENDLY TO HANDYCAP OR OLDER PEOPLE. I CAN GET PEOPLE TO DO WORK FOR ME BUT I CAN'T GO AND BUY THE SUPLYS FOR THEM AT MENARDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE ONLY ONE CART AND SOMEONE IS USEING IT WHEN I GET THERE. HAVE ASKED MANY TIMES FOR MORE CARTS BUT MENARDS NEVER ANS.

MY EMAL

STORE MANAGERS SAY YES WE NEEED MORE CARTS BUT THE MAIN OFFICE MAKES THAT CHOICE.

ENDS OF STORE. END OF ME GOING TO STORE UNFRENLY TO US HANDYCAPE

Comments

You are store. Is my store is terrible for the elderly

ha-ha, that post was funny. I was checking out one day at the garden center register and an elderly woman walked in and asked about the electric cart.

The cashier stated they're available at the main entrance, and she another employee bring her an electric cart.

Hove arounds are covered by Medicare.. If your not handicapped then the walking there will do you some good.

Also, I do not think the General Office could not take your complaint seriously. This is probably due to your lack of e-mail etiquette and very very poor English.

I am disabled myself, and walking is very difficult, but I'd probably smash into a wall using one of those chairs. I understand the total frustrations of people who truly need to use the chairs, but some bad apples spoil the bunch, and stores have limited resources.

It's not right, but it's just a fact. If a person can afford to purchase their own, if it's necessary and required, that's the way to go. By the way, I will add that yeah, I'm fat but I will always rely on my own two legs to get me where I need to be as long as physically able. Just a pride thing with me, because I know that overweight people are always judged as being lazy.

Not always the case, to say.

I have several health issues, not weight related, that cause me problems. Just Saying!

Well said, good sir, well said. At my store it's always fat people on the carts and when a real handicapped person comes in they have no cart.

Where will it stop? 1st there were complaints that providing wheel chairs isn't enough and a power cart was added, but more are wanted.

Retailers are required to design their stores to be accessible to handicapped persons. They are not required to provide transportation.

I expect the next demand will be for cities to provide pontoon boats for people in wheel chairs so they can get out on the lakes. Yes, I feel sorry for people who don't have the mobility that I enjoy, but if I become disabled I will take responsibility for my own needs and not expect the public to provide power carts everywhere I go.

Several issues here. Fat people use the carts more times than not.

Are you fat? If you're a phat *** IT'S YOUR FAULT. Stop looking for pitty. Eldery, MAN UP...

My grandpa is 88 years old and you would never catch him riding one of those things.

Handicap, legitimately because of a injury I can understand. Most importantly if you really needed one YOU WOULD BUY ONE YOURSELF.

Hey Sandy--you aren't special in the least. That is something you need to learn, as well as the OP. Just because you blew up to 450 pounds and can't walk anymore doesn't mean Menards, or any other place, needs to provide 20 electric carts for you and all of your overweight kin.

Get your own power chair. Problem solved.

I agree. The new store in De Pere, WI is so big I have only gotten to a 1/4 of the store.

One electric cart for a mega store. The store in Howard, WI is also a mega store and they have 2. Boy big deal.

Maybe all elderly and handicapped need to just stay home and not shop. Be nice to us, some day you will be in our shoes.