16.4K views

I recently bought a keyless entry Lockset. Had a new door installed..and put this. New Touch Pad entry

Tru-Bolt lock set on. The lock now longer works and the dead bolt will only partly release so we cannot get into our house using this lock. What angers me, is that there is no consumer complaint number to call and ask if this is an electrical problem or a mechanical problem.

So what do I do? Is there a place that has instructions to repair this malfunction,or where can I get the guarantee?

Jim Carriere

Fargo, ND

58104

1-701-239- nine two one three

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Had issue with door not locking or open.Heard 3 long beeps flashing red.

Just called customer service 1-800-860-1677 located in the user manual. Nice rep Lou walked me through the entire process to check the malfunction of the lock. Turns out I have a bad lock and he's sending me a new lock today.

Excited.Can't wait!

Keego Harbor, Michigan, United States #1319557

This like his only been used a few times and does not work I was ripped off at Menards

to Anonymous #1347624

Same with me

To those who want to claim that we were *** to buy this set instead of Kwikset or any other name brand - thank you for being Internet trolls.Apparently you do not have an issue with your lock because you bought a different brand.

However, I find it sad that you waste time on these forums tell people they are *** but you are the one wasting your life. If you have nothing to say to help solve the problem- then shut your mouth and stop typing.

Now I have a similar problem. The rain caused my keypad to short out. It randomly started beeping all night and then in the morning I dried the whole unit and replaced the batteries.

The unit beeped with each new battery but the keypad does not acknowledge that you touch it.

Trying to call today (sorry early and they are not open yet).Will post if they provide a how to fix.

for those looking Google Tru Bolt locks and you can find customer service number and search their sight for manuals..

Bayville, New Jersey, United States #1292275

1 855 259 5096. Number is on instructions

I would'nt buy a TRUE BOLT LOCK EVER AGAIN.Taking this one back for a refund from MENARDS.

What a piece of ***. A 5 year old could have written better instructions for assembly. If it weren't for the fact that I've installed other door locks over the years I wouldn't have bought this piece of ***. I had so much trouble trying to get that dam short little cable harness to plug in, as you have to do a balancing act trying to hold bracket while trying to attach that harness.

Now there is no Instructions on how to properly Code it because of the " SYMBOLS THEY SHOW FOR (PC , UC, ID DOES NOT EXIST IN INSTRUCTION BOOK OR ON LOCK ITSELF!! AND WITHOUT IT I CAN'T CODE IT. HOW FREAKING NICE IS THAT *** ASSESS.

CHINESE MORONS.YOU CAN STICK THIS LOCK WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE.

to Don Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1290686

Now do you understand why the price was so much lower than a name brand lock like kwikset or Schlage? You get what you pay for.

Hugoton, Kansas, United States #1286727

Can someone tell me where to find a manual for my touchscreen trubolt deadbolt I've been looking online and cannot find any thank you

Oswego, Illinois, United States #1276105

You ever get a response. Mine does the same thing

We bought one this Trubolt lock a little over a year ago.It has also stopped working.

We can open the deadbolt with the key, but the key pad no longer works even after changing the batteries.Not worth the money!