Denver, Colorado
24.4K views

I recently bought a keyless entry Lockset. Had a new door installed..and put this. New Touch Pad entry

Tru-Bolt lock set on. The lock now longer works and the dead bolt will only partly release so we cannot get into our house using this lock. What angers me, is that there is no consumer complaint number to call and ask if this is an electrical problem or a mechanical problem.

So what do I do? Is there a place that has instructions to repair this malfunction,or where can I get the guarantee?

Jim Carriere

Fargo, ND

58104

1-701-239- nine two one three

Comments

We have the same issue! Sometimes it won't lock or unlock!!

Sounds like it's grinding inside! We installed ours in October and it started failing in may.

We just recently replaced it with a schlage model. They're not cheap and we just had to suck it up and eat the cost

Type your message here Terry Same thing happened to me thes e are junk and cant get hold of customer service they don't answer ther phone

These locks are a waste of money

Same thing happened to me. We have tried re-setting it and nothing works! Waste of money!

I have the same issue with that item.

Contact the door manufacturer maybe? or Menards? If nothing else, just to let them know about all the problems with TruLocks?

@Doc

Menards knows what the quality is. Tru-bolt is a name Menards uses for locks they have imported for their stores.

All the big box stores have a low price lock for people that don't want to pay the price of the higher quality locks they also sell. When you buy the lowest priced item on the shelf you shouldn't be expecting a high quality item.

Just AMAZING that soooo many people have major problems with this RUBBISH TRU-BOLT key pad lock. Same deal here....Brand new and with-in 6 months it is not working properly. I LOVE Menards but THEY are getting this back Monday morning.

@TRU-BOLT is RUBBISH

You buy the cheapest lock on the shelf, you'll get the lowest quality. You can step up to kwikset but take the plunge and spend the money on a Schlage lock.

Both tru-bolt and Kwikset have a motor that moves the locking latch. On the kwikset you have to turn the latch yourself. There are 2 big advantages with turning the latch yourself. First is the battery lasts longer.

Second is that you know your door is locked. With the motor driven latch, if the latch doesn't line up with the hole perfectly the door won't lock. Sure it will flash lights or beep but if you are in a hurry, hit the button to lock and walk away you may not notice the warnings the door din't lock.

If you pick up the packages you will also notice the Schlage lock is heavier as well. This is because the lock is thicker and much heavier duty than the tru-bolt or Kwikset.

#1491979
@Anonymous

Of course, the Schlage is the easiest to get into in only a few seconds....

The quality is not the best for a door that does not get used that often it works OK I would not recommend for a exterior door

#1420822

I made the mistake of purchasing a Tru Bolt deadbolt with touchscreen & remote. Bought this less than two years ago.

The first one lasted a few months and Tru Bolt sent me a replacement when the touchpad quit working. They also told me I was the only person to ever have a problem with this item.

Now my replacement just randomly beeps about once a minute and the touchpad does not work. This time when I called Tru Bolt they said they won't help because it is out of warranty and they already warrantied the unit for me once.

@HAW68

Did you try changing the battery?

#1419629

Just installed the same Trubolt electronic deadbolt. All the start up lights are as stated in the installation guide but the bolt will not work.

The bolt works with the keys just not electronically. Maybe this is why such a deep discount?? No motor action at all. The confirm indicator lights up twice (red) and nothing happens.

Put a call into the 800 number so we will see how fast they return my call. If no call today this thing goes back to Menards tomorrow.

My keypad won’t light on to type the code

Had an issue with my lock i called 1-800-860-1677 Lou was very nice and helped me reprogram the entire thing. Thank You

Had issue with door not locking or open. Heard 3 long beeps flashing red.

Just called customer service 1-800-860-1677 located in the user manual. Nice rep Lou walked me through the entire process to check the malfunction of the lock. Turns out I have a bad lock and he's sending me a new lock today.

Excited. Can't wait!

#1319557

This like his only been used a few times and does not work I was ripped off at Menards

Same with me

@Anonymous

If it's a lock you've only had a short time it should still be under warranty. Returning it to Menards with your receipt should have gotten you a refund or exchange. How did they rip you off?