1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Did you know menards charges a 25% restocking fee on special orders?Apparently no one does, even the employees, until you try to return the item.

I bought a kitchen faucet by special order. At the time of order I asked the employee if there was a charge or penalty if I needed to return the faucet. I was told no. This faucet is forced water conservation with a vengeance, having water holes the size of toothpicks for the hot and cold water handles.

This wouldn't do for my kitchen. When I returned the item, I was told about the restocking fee. Something about it is hard to reshelf them. No kidding, that's what she said.

Even though I told her I asked and was told there was no cost to return, even tho there was no mention of a restocking fee on the paperwork, they kept $50. Nobody but menards charges 25%.

The most I have ever seen is 10%, and that is clearly told to the customer before ordering.My business with menards will go down to the minimum after this.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

ransom

Of course we knew there was a restocking fee for returned special orders.It's on the wall in the return area, it's on the forms when you order it, the people who sold us the deck railings told us and it's on their web site.

Also it makes sense, Special orders require a lot more labor and time plus their shipping back if you return it.

NO!I do not work for the company, I just pay attention to their written and posted policies.

Your fault.

They know full well there is a restocking fee!They're just told not to TELL you there is a restocking fee!

I worked for them after i had 25 years in retail and i was pretty much appalled at this and several other policies they had.

I quit as soon as i could get another job.I could literally write a book about the crap they are pulling!

to Anonymous #1375496

OR

They knew there was a restocking fee and knew you should have known if you can read.

They just didn't want to incur the wrath of someone who couldn't be bothered with reading stuff they agree to.

It's easier to pretend to be the little man on the totem pole than get in an argument.

Take a better look at your order paperwork again.Read what it says on the bottom portion of the page.

You will find the 25% restock charge there. Check out the signs at the returns desk as well as their return policy posted on their website. Consider yourself luck that they will take it back with a 25% charge.

It use to be 40% if they took it back at all.Keep in mind they will typically loose more money than you do as they will end up selling it in a bargain area for a fraction of what you paid for it.