Oregon, Missouri
1.8K views

I was christmas shopping with my wife and two kids at menards tonight and had tried a hat on to see if it would be comfortable ,well as we went through the checkout lane and proceeded to get our rebate coupons i was told that i needed to come with the security guard and a manager at that point my wife realized why the menards and i mean it said menards on it along the tag hanging off the hat was still on my head i laughged and said oh yeah the hat i forgot all about it but apparently that was too late not even have left the store yet i was escorted my security and two others including a manager to the back room and they went on to question me about the hat as i told them this was just a simple mistake they said that it is standard procedure to detain me in the room and give me a 150 dollar fine or call the police on me.Only out of pure heartbreak of seeing my 2 year old daughter see the police take her daddy did i comply with this.This is by far the most disgusting thing i have ever been a seen a company do guess menards will do anything to get those low prices such as extorting their customers I do not plan on paying their fine.

Review about: Menards Rebate.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

I think it's a simple mistake, but you should still not complain about paying the fine. It's like parking in a no parking zone and getting a ticket, *** I've even been towed in an unfamiliar city for parking in the wrong place. I didn't complain, because I knew I was wrong despite the simple error.

Naperville, Illinois, United States #685151

I love puttin the hammer to the female workers in the bedding section before closing hours what a great way to get off! Especially that they are hot!!!! :grin 8) :grin

whinyweirdos

Weird. Wives usually leave weird people who put on plaid flap hats in menards, and their children usually end up hookin for college money. People usually pay for hats they try walking out of a store in too.

I had a situation where I was shopping at Menard's and a box of Turtle Wax (not one can-mind you, THE box of cans) fell on my head from 12-15 feet up on a shelf.I looked and no one was near-nothing else moved.

I instantly incurred neck pain and instant headache. AFter a scream and a cashier seeing this happen, she must have called for a supervisor. I sat down because I was not feeling so swell. I was on my cell phone at the time this happened.

It took quite a while for someone to come. They asked if I was hurt-of course-that thing weighed a lot.. The "supervisor" and his side-kick stood 8 feet from me. He said I could fill out a report at the desk.

Are you kidding? I REALLY wasn't feeling so good. He didn't even help me up off the floor. I'm 57 and in pretty good health.

What if Grandma or a small child was standing there. Good grief. The kid at the service desk filled out the paper and said I could not have a copy. Say what?

How do I know if it got to the right person? His handwriting was awful. I just wanted to get out of there. I can't even remember if I was asked if I needed medical help.

I really wasn't feeling well. I then went to the cashier and paid for my purchases. It was the cashier that saw it happen. She was sooooo nice and considerate AS was another cashier.

Why aren't THEY supervisors-they had way more compassion. I thought I could just go home and while walking through the parking lot-I really didn't...

Keep an eye on it. "Want an x-ray, lady?" no. I didn't want to make a fuss. My head was still attached.

I just want to go home. Well that was the beginning of a horrible journey. I have my own business and this was just before my biggest holiday- 4th of July. I had things to get done.

Headaches, neck pain, nausea, dizziness. ***. Who needs this. I ended up having a CT scan.

Yes, there is a concussion. What do I do? "Can't do much" it will go away. Let's cut it short---------lots of doctor visits.

Try to contact or FIND a real person at the top of Menard's. Good luck. The supervisor at the local store apologized for not ever knowing about this "incident" and said they would take care of any medical bills. He said he was replacing a previous bad manager.

He said he would look into it and contact me when he had the info. I NEVER GOT a call. A "How are you, Maam" would have even been nice. It is the end of December.

Happy New Year, you are going into collections. Lots of medical bills, not one call, no LIVE person to talk to. Hey Menards- I will NEVER shop at your stores because you don't care about the people who shop IN them. Talk to my lawyer.

And ya know what? I NEVER wanted to talk to a lawyer-you MADE me.

This was Sandusky, Oh Menard's.Your corporation can't work without the consumers.

justice1982
to OUCH MY HEAD REALLY HURTS Des Moines, Iowa, United States #603960

What?

This guy did nothing against the Law and should have not paid the fine or signed anything, he should have insisted the cops be called!Then he should have obtained a Lawyer to protect his good name.

At that point it would have not been about money and more about right vs wrong. Had this gone to court he would have won with out issue. If Wal-Mart is accusing people of stealing before they pass the point of purchase they could be in for a major law suit. I love how some of you idiots think a 150 fine for a 5-10 dollar error is justified.

None of you ever forget where you placed your glasses and found them on your head?A real thief would not come on here and complain about being caught.

to Heartless #787772

What do you mean "he did nothing against the law"?He stole the hat.

He would not have won in court.

He went past the point of purchase when he went through the cash registers.Most people that "Try on" something take it off rather than wear it home without paying for it.

to Heartless Omaha, Nebraska, United States #1280266

Actually, he was past the point of purchase. He said so himself, you ***.

justice1982

So you say it was a mistake, and maybe it was.This is the problem with people today, they don't want to pay for their mistakes.

They want the world around them to just tell them "its okay." Well in this case you have to pay $150 for your mistake and I bet you won't make that mistake again. Learn for your mistakes, if that is what this was. You can be upset all you want with Menards, but every and I mean EVERY retailer processes these situations in the same manner.

Walmart can actually stop you inside of the store, just for concealing product.So now you know not to make this same mistake in ANY other place of retail business.

mesmerize00
to justice1982 Oregon, Missouri, United States #585892

youre a f#cking troll shut the *** up get a life so you can worry about ur own problems.