2.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Yes the furniture is “cheap” but I should at least be able to get a chest of drawers home without falling apart. All their pieces come in damaged and are barely stapled together, the crap just falls apart.

My experience with this stuff has been terrible.

I’ve wasted so much time trying to get an undamaged piece and now have injured myself when the chest fell apart on top of my legs when carrying. Menards shouldn’t be selling something so shoddy

Review about: Menards Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

A bit of advice for those who purchase particle board furniture. Get some good glue!!

Everyone assumes that quality of build is ok as they paid XX dollars for it. However I was taught that particl board is basically woodchips and glue. So it’s always best to double up on glue in areas that can be glued.

This small step has allow d me to keep particleboard furniture for far longer then normal. Yes it’s a bit of a headache but you will thank yourself later.

You get what you paid for - exactly. While I agree that stores need to be mindful of the quality of what they are selling, Menards doesn't make these products.

You need to 1.

Let Menards know the issue so they can perhaps stop selling the item and 2. Get in touch with the manufacturer for a refund.

to Anonymous #1430293

FYI, The furniture comes from Dakota Mouldings, another of John Menards manufacturing plants. They know exactly what the quality is but since the profits are huge they keep selling it.

to Anonymous #1430665

Good to know! I found it interesting their website offers no reviews on this “furniture” so I wanted others to be aware before getting in a similar situation!

you bought it because it was cheap! What did you expect?

to Anonymous #1428499

If I pay 150 for 1 piece I expect to at least get it home. Do you happen to work for menards?!

It's a great example of "you get what you pay for". In most cases where you buy particle board furniture it comes unassembled.

This way you can put it together near where it will be used. Shipping assembled particle board furniture through several warehouses having it handled at each and being handled several times at the store and again when you get it home doesn't nothing for it's structural integrity with isn't much to start with.

to Anonymous #1428472

Very good point! Putting together ourselves would’ve yielded a better experience and end result