290 views
Verified Reviewer

2.1

This is the third rebate I have not received through Menards. When I call corporate to find out about my rebate, all I got was a recording telling me to write them a letter with supporting documents of the rebate.

What?

I did this with their rebate form and receipt. This tells me that they are not fulfilling their rebate, and that it is a marketing scam.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Pros: Variety and selection and i can usually find what i need.

Menards Cons: Rebates impossible to get.

Location: 7241 Graphics Way, Lewis Center, OH 43035

Comments

I tried to track my rebates as described by anonymous. Answer back was we either never received your rebate or it's been over.

Year.

I mailed it in over 2 weeks ago. I don't believe there actually is a rebate program, just a out to get peoevin their stores.

@PissedConsumer1815901

I've been using their rebates for 20 years without a problem.

@PissedConsumer1816012

I have done over $9000 in the past 10 years in rebates. I send in multiple rebates that do not match the rebate slip or go together, I have even sent in rebates in excess of a year after the official mail in date … I have never not received a rebate.

@PissedConsumer1815901

Depending on how busy their rebate center is I have found it can take 3-4 weeks before it shows up in their tracking system. As they are all entered by hand I expect the have mountains of unopened mail at any given time.

It's really easy to track your rebate on Menards.com. Have you tried that?

Are you aware that the rebates are inside a folded post card that looks like an advertisement for one of their products? Good chance you got them and threw them away thinking they were junk mail.

@PissedConsumer1814635

And I think that is why Menard's makes them look like junk mail. So that people will throw them away and then never collect on them.

And that is a very dishonest way for them to be doing business.

It is immoral as well as unethical. They should send the rebates in envelopes that clearly state that it is very important and that the rebate the customer is entitled to is enclosed.

@PissedConsumer1815041

Or clearly let people to know the rebate will come in a postcard up front. They do mention it on their rebate site.

@PissedConsumer1814635

Yes I am aware of how the rebates are mailed. I am detail oriented to a fault, so throwing mail away is not likely. Thanks.

@PissedConsumer1814635

Look at your mail before you throw it away. I have never not gotten a rebate from Menards.

They used to just be a "postcard" but they started putting a cover on them because people were stealing them. If you look at it you know it's from Menards.

I find it no different than mailing it in an envelope, you'd throw that away too and I prefer not to have to have more useless paper to recycle. Lower your environmental footprint.

#1921157
@PissedConsumer1816389

idiot its for your protection and ease of use.

Menards Reviews