3.3
Ease of Use

I purchased three Tru-Bolt remote lock systems from Menards.I Installed two of them.

Kept the third as a replacement unit. The remote on one of the installed units has a range of about six feet not the stated 50 feet. Assuming a defective battery was at fault I tried to find a replacement. The nomenclature on the battery is GP Alkaline 27a 12v PbHg.

Menards does not have them. I tried to find one on line, again with zero success. I contacted Menards via their website and received a reply that they would find out what kind of battery I needed. Never heard back from them.

I then called the "Customer Assistance" (LOL) number in the manual and got no futher than a message claiming that due to high volume of calls I should leave a message and they would call me back.. Where have I heard that line before.

Needless to say the lock sets are going back to Menards.Thry have wasted enough of my time.

Comments

First off, I just want to say, screw the comment section, and and second, also for the dolts in the comment section, have fun jacking off to Menards.

to Anonymous #1431231

What, can't you take the truth?If you didn't think they were cheap poor quality locks, why did you buy a 3rd as a replacement?

If you had purchased quality locks you wouldn't have had to purchase a back up. Doesn't matter if you buy you locks at Menards.

Home Depot, Lowes, Ace or elsewhere.If you buy a quality lock it's going to hold up better than a cheap bargain brand.

Did you ever stop to think there must be a reason that the Truck-Bolt locks sell for a fraction of the price of a name brand lock like Schlage or Kwikset? The reason they can sell them so cheap is the quality is low and the don't have to pay a proper staff of customer service representatives. Take them back for a refund and buy quality locks.

to Anonymous #1431013

absolutely! You bought an item because it was cheap and now you are complaining because it's cheap!